Anonymous Users

Guest Rοb

Just a couple of little suggestions which would tidy up the anonymous user setting and have it function correctly.

1. This topic on my forum inspired the first one...

If a user is logged in as anonymous, his/her "Last Active" time (seen in profile view) shouldn't keep being updated.

It should keep the last active time from when they were online but not anonymous.

Otherwise other users know they are around on the boards somewhere which defeats the object.

2. Admins can see anonymous users in the online list, however whilst viewing their profile it shows as "Offline". This should also show whereabouts on the boards that particular user is (for admins).

----------

These suggestions are coming directly from 2.04 so if they are already in 2.1... great!

If not... i think they need looking into!

Thats would require storing of the time everyone was last online. That would mean, as far as I can see without thinking about it too much tonight, on every page load, a query to the DB for every user. No thank you.

It stores the last active time anyway.

What im saying is that it shouldn't keep updating the last active time for anonymous users :)

(and the other suggestion of course which is to enable admins to see an anonymous users forum location in profile view)

• 2 weeks later...

Not if they aren't posting it isn't.

If their last active time is one minute ago you know they are around.

Knowing they are around somewhere means its not entirely anonymous.

Dont forget this as well...

2. Admins can see anonymous users in the online list, however whilst viewing their profile it shows as "Offline". This should also show whereabouts on the boards that particular user is (for admins).

Archived