Navagation links at the top and bottom of every page

Guest Xenboy

Just because something is easy doesn't mean it shouldn't be standard part of every install. It's easy to add to the TOP of the forum, also, but Invision includes it anyway. The last I checked Invision makes the ENTIRE widget... the forum AND the main theme that most people use as their base.

All I am saying is that I, personally, as a paying customer, would like to see a future version of Invision's default theme include such a link so that I don't have to add such an obvious and useful feature.

Feel free to disagree with me.

If you don't want it, it's simple to remove (using your logic).

If you don't want this feature added, feel free to request its removal if it ever does get added. Until then, you have no worries.

Ok, so something that's not there but can be easily added should be added by default so that those who don't want it will have to go in and remove it.

Ok so um, I'm a paying customer too. Shouldn't that count? (Using your logic).

All I am saying is that I, personally, as a paying customer, would like to see a future version of Invision's default theme include such a link so that I don't have to add such an obvious and useful feature.

Feel free to disagree with me.

Wolfie,

Your opinion has no more or less weight than mine in this case. You don't want it, I do. I have every right to ask for it to be added. Let Matt decide if it is something that should be added or not.

End of story.

You invited me to disagree with you. :)

Also, that comment about "as a paying customer" makes it sound as though you think that it should be included because *YOU* want it in there, even if you happen to be in the minority. I'm all for feature requests, don't think that I'm against them. Just when someone invites disagreements or acts like it should be included simply because *THEY* asked for it, then someone is likely to say something to them.

You will notice that I never said you didn't have the right to ask for it, nor that my opinion was more or less important than yours. You stated a feature request, I gave you a simple alternative which wasn't intended to say "your request sucks, do this instead", it was to give you something to use. If Matt includes it in the future, then he does. You shouldn't take things as an attack against you because people try to help on here.

As for your suggestion, who knows, you might get a bunch of people who like it and support it, or it might get 1 or 2 people and that's it.

If you really want to get an idea to who likes it or not, then when you reply to this topic again, see if you can add a poll. Then you could ask if people are for or against (or dont care either way) about the idea. :) Some people are more likely to vote than to reply.

Archived