I need the freakin Manual!

Guest OptiForum

I would love to be able to read and learn about all the functions of the invision power board. Is it possible to compile a manual for dummies and make it available for download to licensed users? There is so much i need to learn. :huh:

My partuicular gripe is the new IPB variables for better customisation. A superb feature, but with very poor documentation. I've been trying to get a list of the available variables and their function.

Back in November of last year I got this reply from them when talking about this exact issue:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not currently have any documentation relating to the variables used within IPB. However, this is planned for the near future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. For modification assistance, you may wish to visit one of our third party resource sites as found at:

http://invisionboard.com/?resources

There is really no documentation at all about the specifics... It's very poor.

My partuicular gripe is the new IPB variables for better customisation. A superb feature, but with very poor documentation. I've been trying to get a list of the available variables and their function.

Back in November of last year I got this reply from them when talking about this exact issue:

There is really no documentation at all about the specifics... It's very poor.

You're in luck too :) IPB 2.1 will be phpDoc'd, so I'm sure after it is Final a complete internal documentation will be generated and released :)

That really does not cover much, especially for a novice user. What I need is a BOOK. I need a start to finish manualwritten for a novice with definitions.

It could be called IPB for Dummies!!!

There really should be something like this available :thumbsup:

ipbfd2.jpg

(I made this like 3 years ago)

(I made this like 3 years ago)

I like that part of:
Gain Support Quickly
When You See How
To Ask Nicely

:lol:

It's amazing how many people DEMAND support. Gosh, ask nicely and if an staff member doesn't get to it immediately, a forum member probably will. :thumbsup:

Archived