Moved Thread: Original Forum

Guest Steve T

...If I remember correctly, it used to be that when a moderator moved a thread from one forum to another (and there was a subsequent post to that thread), there would be one entry in the "Posts since your last visit" list representing the forum from which it was moved (with the Topic Title prefixed with "Moved:") and another representing the new forum location. For the past version or two, the line representing the "from" location now shows the new location. In other words, we've lost information somewhere along the line of product enhancements. Example (note: periods are for spacing, only):

Moved: I'm Blocked--Can I get a copy of headers?...SpamCop Blocklist Help...Steve T............--.......--````25th July 2005 - 06:38 PM I'm Blocked--Can I get a copy of headers?..........SpamCop Blocklist Help...Steve T.............4.......23....25th July 2005 - 06:38 PM

Topic Title........................................Forum....................Topic Starter...Replies...Views...Last Action

...If this thread was moved from, say, forum "SpamCop Main Forum", I would expect to see "SpamCop Main Forum" rather than "SpamCop Blocklist Help" on the first line (under the title).

I described the same situation from my POV similarly to the following:

After I Move a Topic, leaving "link to the new topic in the source forum", the link is in the right place (the source Forum), but the searches like "Posts since your last visit" (Vew New Posts) and "Active Topics" (Today's active topics) show that the link is in the destination Forum, not the source Forum.

Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

I suggest that the "link to the new topic in the source forum", show up in searches like "Posts since your last visit" (Vew New Posts) and "Active Topics" (Today's active topics) as being in the in the source Forum, rather than the destination Forum.

Archived