Lo-Fi version

Guest luca72

reply I think. But if your using a Cell Phone to visit the internet it would most likely be near impossible to post something in the lo-fi version of a topic/create a topic. Becuase (CIW) but the letters are 3 to a key, right? The Cell Phone probley wouldn't know weather you wanted an A,B,C. Also I think we need to consider the minutes someone has, someone may want to type like a 10 or so min reply/topic but they only have like 3 mins left till their mins are up. Just a guess (I don't personally use a cell phone)

The way it works is that if you press "22" you get the letter "B". I forget how upper/lower case was changed though. As for minutes, prepaid I'm sure would cut you off, but otherwise it would just start charging an arm and a leg and possibly the first born child.

:devil:

Definitly make it a text link, but I think it could benefit those on 56K or even those on AOL who only get 48.8

Those on dialup can go either way really. Speed -vs- a rich view. With the gzip compression, the true benefit would be from large amounts of large graphics (or tons of graphics of any size). If it's only pure talking with smilies, it wouldn't take too much more time to load a page. :)

I like the lo-fi version because it offers simplicity, which is nice on rare occassions.

How about adding a simple link to the hi-fi version of the same page? Search engines search the lofi version, and as such when we search we end up in the lofi version, but there seems to be no easy way of getting to the hifi version of the same page to reply etc without manually removing /lofiverision from the address bar.

A bug, well two bugs, I found in 2.0.4...

1. First any member, lets say joe foo, can be logged on and post from different IP's at the same time.

2. When logged on from two different IP's the Board Statistics:active users only show one joe foo active.

Mark

With v2.1, it's possible to prevent someone from being logged into more than one computer/location at a time, even preventing someone on the same computer from signing in with 2 different browsers.

That's not really a bug. The last action taken is the last action used/shown for that member. How is it supposed to know that it's really two different people, instead of 1 person, possibly sitting next to two computers, switching back and forth? Or to know that the old IP is still active instead of only the new IP? That's where it gets complex.

I suggest to introduce the possibility of replay, start a topic in Lo-Fi version

Very good point, it would be much better for those who don't use broadband Internet and prefer to view the board on Lo-Fi mode. Here in Brazil there are still many people that use dial-up Internet connection. :)

• 1 year later...

Archived