few requests

Guest Dlf

Thats all folks! :shifty: (porkey pig refrense)

[*]Turn the board offline for x amount of time - Does what it sounds like. Turn the board offline for like 15 days. [*]Turn off indivual forums - Instead of turning off all forums (globaly) you can turn off indivual forums. [*]Turn off indivual forums for x amount of time - Sort of like the above two, but combined. Be able to turn off certain forums for x amount of time. [*]Go to next "setting" - In Tools & settings->System settings->View all general settings we should be able to go to the next or previous "setting". so without hitting back go from like search engine bots to search set-up, or Personal message set-up. [*]Bump topic mod option - I think IPB 1.x.x had this. But it would be sweet if we could "bump" topics without even needing to post or add a mod (sorry Sboublema)

[*][color="#000000"][color="gray"][i]Bump topic mod option - [/i]I think IPB 1.x.x had this. But it would be sweet if we could "bump" topics without even needing to post or add a mod (sorry Sboublema)[/color][/color]

[/list]

I agree on that one, a bump topic would help.

[color="#000000"][i]Turn the board offline for x amount of time - [/i]Does what it sounds like. Turn the board offline for like 15 days.[/color]

Wow, 15 days, sheesh. I could go with 15 mins :D Like when backing up the board, plenty of time to back it up.

[color="#000000"][i]Turn off indivual forums - [/i]Instead of turning off all forums (globaly) you can turn off indivual forums.[/color]

[color="#000000"][i]Turn off indivual forums for x amount of time - [/i]Sort of like the above two, but combined. Be able to turn off certain forums for x amount of time.[/color]

That would be a nice feature, especially if you could turn them on/off at certain times on a daily basis, for example.

At the bottom there is a drop down menu to go to the different General Settings.

[color="#000000"][color="gray"][i]Bump topic mod option - [/i]I think IPB 1.x.x had this. But it would be sweet if we could "bump" topics without even needing to post or add a mod (sorry Sboublema)[/color][/color]

That could be useful, so long as you could restrict who could use it.

[list=1] [*][color="#000000"][i]Turn the board offline for x amount of time - [/i]Does what it sounds like. Turn the board offline for like 15 days.[/color]

[/list][color="#000000"][color="#ff0000"]And this would be usefull for what? Most of us turn our boards offline for maintinance. Not needed and should be made a mod.[/color]

[/color] [list=1] [*][color="#000000"][i]Turn off indivual forums - [/i]Instead of turning off all forums (globaly) you can turn off indivual forums.[/color]

[/list] [color="#000000"][color="#ff0000"]Yes. This has potential use, and probably should be included. [/color]

[/color] [list=1] [*][color="#000000"][i]Turn off indivual forums for x amount of time - [/i]Sort of like the above two, but combined. Be able to turn off certain forums for x amount of time.[/color]

[/list] [color="#000000"][color="#ff0000"]I see no need for this feature for most people. Make it a mod. [/color]

[/list] [color="#ff0000"]Yes, would be usefull when setting the board up (I go through all the general settings.)[/color]

[list=1] [*][color="#000000"][color="gray"][i]Bump topic mod option - [/i]I think IPB 1.x.x had this. But it would be sweet if we could "bump" topics without even needing to post or add a mod (sorry Sboublema)[/color][/color]

[/list] [color="#ff0000"]Yes. This would be highly usefull. +1.[/color]

Thats all folks! :shifty: (porkey pig refrense)

And one more thought. Would be nice to be able to choose how long the topic views take to update. Yes i know of

ACP->TOOLS & SETTINGS->CPU SAVING & ORGIZATION->Update Topic Views Immediately
If enabled, the topic views counter will be updated as one loads a topic. If not enabled, the topic views will be written to another table and the topic views updated every 6 hours. This will significantly reduce overhead on the topics table if you have a very busy board as it overcomes the write lock initiated when the topic counter is updated.

Someone/people would probley like to choose like 30 mins, a day, a week, etc.

And one more thought. Would be nice to be able to choose how long the topic views take to update. Yes i know of

Someone/people would probley like to choose like 30 mins, a day, a week, etc.

Yeah that would be nice. You should make a separate request for it, I'm sure a lot of people would jump on it.

Like, "How often to update the views per topic in minutes (0 for immediate)"

Archived