"This post has been edited by"

Guest BigCheese

When a user edits a post, usually at the bottom it says
"This post has been edited by BigChese: Yesterday, 12:00 PM"

I think it would be good if the user could state a reason eg.
"This post has been edited by BigChese: Yesterday, 12:00 PM because of spelling errors"

There are mods for that.

If anything, I think that the previous edit should leave a copy of the edit as a part of the post, that way an edit log can be kept if desired (or at least have the option of leaving the previous edit(s) in the post).

The vew topic history by the admin should be able to see those edits to track and see what was said before. :thumbsup:

What about for public view?
Be nice if there was something that could be used to let someone know each time a post had an edit to it as well as previous edits. An admin might want to leave a record so that people can know each time there has been a change, how many changes, how often, etc.

Yeah that would be nice :lol:

I'm just thinking about on the public view's perspective, to see each time an edit was made. Perhaps an 'edit history' button per post (separate from an edit history per topic), that per group, a person could disable it if they wanted to. Be an easy way of seeing up many times it was edited. Hey for Admins/Supermods, be able to click the edit history button (per post or per topic), and have a virtual-pop-up window, with a scroll bar, that would let you see each edit (before/after). :D

Archived