Get Notified via PM upon new registration

Guest .Tim

I have my board setup for Admin validation of new users.

Rather than having to check my email to find out about new registrations, it would be of greater value to have the system prepare a PM and send it to any user that has access to the ACP.... that way, whichever admin gets the PM first, they can validate the user.

It would be handy, especially in times where the root admin is not available for X number of days, whereas other users who have ACP access could validate users.

I have my board setup for Admin validation of new users.

Rather than having to check my email to find out about new registrations, it would be of greater value to have the system prepare a PM and send it to any user that has access to the ACP.... that way, whichever admin gets the PM first, they can validate the user.

It would be handy, especially in times where the root admin is not available for X number of days, whereas other users who have ACP access could validate users.

GREAT IDEA!!! Would like this Also!!

Marilyn

That could get messy. First off, if you have, say, 5 admins, then 10 people sign up, that's 50 PM's. Only 10 would be needed at most.

Also, not all admins may be authorized (or in v2.1, have access) to validate people.

It would be a better concept to have a "# Validating" link next to the AdminCP link, perhaps with the option to flash when not "0", and only show for those who have access to validate new members.

Would be nice if that link wouldn't require logging into the ACP either, but rather be taken to a list of validating members, be able to view their profiles/account information, approve/delete/resend validation, also to be able to turn off the notifications (per board and per admin in their UCP).

Cleaner, constant reminder, to all who can do it, and once someone is taken care of, no more notifications.

I like your idea much better... especially for those boards with a large number of admins. My board only has 3 admins so the number of PM's wouldn't be a bother to us.

But the flashing notification of users awaiting validation would be the best solution. My other admins are just tired of checking the status of validating members day in and day out since they do not have access to my email.

I wanted to cover every 'feature' that I could think of.. First, that it only show up for those that would have access to validated someone anyway.. Next, that each admin could turn the feature off for themselves, in case someone has access to it, but they're not responsible for it. Then there's the idea I didn't mention, to mark a pending validation as "read", kind of, so that it wouldn't flash anymore, even though it might still show a number for how many people are waiting to be validated. That way they're not forgotten, but the blinking doesn't become a pain in the...........

Anyway, yeah.

how about instead of it being just sent to the admin, if you could specify which group gets it?

In my case, I have "greeters" that sole purpose is to look those new ppl up every day and then send them a PM saying welcome to the site blah blah blah... they have to manually find all the new people and then send the PM's out... but if they got notified of each person registering that would make their jobs a lot more streamlined.

Just an example... but it could be used for more than just approving registrations (my site is set up to make them validate their own accts by email)

Archived