When will be v2.1 availible?

Guest Mihail Panayotov

Hi, in the near 2 or 3 weeks I would like to upgrade my IPB forums probably to version 2.0.4. My question is when will be availible the final v2.1 and if it will be in the near 3 or 4 weeks I will wait with the upgrade. I have searched the whole forums but I didn't found any release dates or even promices for release dates. I know this is not the right place to ask that, but I don't know where to ask. Thanks in advance.

Hello.

This isn't the correct forum for this question, this is more suited for the Pre-Sales questions, but I'll answer your questions anyway.

2.1 Final is currently due to be out sometime in August. There is a PDR that is currently due to come out in about 2 weeks. The first PDR will not have an upgrade script, that will start with PDR2.

In regards to when you should get your board, you should get it ASAP. You'll still have to upgrade (assuming you're using 1.3.1) to 2.0, 2.01, 2.02, 2.03, 2.04, then 2.1 (PDR or Final, whatever). So, you should at least get everything else together and setup, and get used to the new batch of features - before even more are coming with 2.1.

Hi, in the near 2 or 3 weeks I would like to upgrade my IPB forums probably to version 2.0.4. My question is when will be availible the final v2.1 and if it will be in the near 3 or 4 weeks I will wait with the upgrade. [i]I have searched the whole forums but I didn't found any release dates or even [b]promices[/b] for release dates.[/i] I know this is not the right place to ask that, but I don't know where to ask. Thanks in advance.

Mid-August is the estimate that I've seen for 2.1final. This wasn't a promise, however. IPS, from what I've seen, doesn't make promises or guarantees for the release date, and rarely give out estimated dates of release, so any time they give an estimate, be happy with it and don't get fussy if it ends up being later.

In regards to when you should get your board, you should get it ASAP. You'll still have to upgrade (assuming you're using 1.3.1) to 2.0, 2.01, 2.02, 2.03, 2.04, then 2.1 (PDR or Final, whatever). So, you should at least get everything else together and setup, and get used to the new batch of features - before even more are coming with 2.1.

I believe that if they simply get v2.0.4 (which they will have to purchase first and can't get anything below v2.0.4 anyways :lol:), that it will upgrade from 1.3.1 indirectly. It will go through the stepping process, in the order you mentioned (I think, but it could also do it in one shot, I'm not sure). Don't know if 2.1 will support upgrading from anything before 2.0 but I'd imagine that it would (when the final is released).

I can't wait for the pdr1 release, check out that per-admin feature :D and get more ready for how I'm going to reorganize my forums when v2.1 is out on final. :)

Archived