Profile Info

Guest Falling Down

as ive done on IF for some feature reqeusts. How about (if possible) a option in the UCP where everything like the menu's, etc can be set up either way; old or new. So like (if added) cool and other people could have the icons while say Matt. Charles, lindy, etc can have the new way.

or a mix of both. like you can choose which has the 'menus' and which have the icons. Like topics have menus, profiles have icons, etc.

I somehow/think I am thinking like henry (or john) clay of the 1700/1800s (aka the 'compromiser"[if you don't know alot of conflicts in american histroy]).

Drop-downs are needed several places on the board to reduce the amount of clutter. However, in the profile, it is one place where it seems like an unnecessary extra click. Actually, at first I thought the functions had disappeared.

Anyone like my mix idea? Actually that could be a mod made by someone at Invisionize. Or one of my ideas above: Member can choose weather they see the menu's, or the links (pre 2.1), or a mix (member can choose if they see the menu's AND links and in which areas [like topics, profile, etc]).

I was just saying "gosh" because everyone seems to be making such a huge fuss over it, not to you for just bringing it up.

Yes, because it looks bizarre. You now have a huge area of space in the profile that has nothing in it, especially if you don't have a picture, and then this tiny dropdown. I too had thought the functions had disappeared, and I know that when I upgrade my board, I'll have countless people asking where they've gone.

Hehe, my face too.

Indeed. My suggestion for improving the profile view is as follows:

Center the first "box" that contains basic member info and lose the right side of it (the bit that currently holds the picture). Put the picture in the left side with the rest of the member info and put the profile options dropdown on the right side of the header (direct across from "Viewing Profile: Member Name"

Of course, that's just my two cents.

I liked the old way. Wehn I first looked at the profile section, I thought it was missing. Took me a couple of minutes to find it was right in the options menu-thing. Dropdown menus save space... but they aren't needed everywhere, especially there where it was just fine the old way.

Sure, you can skin it, but that's a waste of time honestly, especially when it was buch better than having it the way it is now.

Archived