Forum permissions on topic move

Guest Faraaz Sareshwala

Ive noticed that even though I dont permit moderators from posting in certain forums, they can still post a topic in a forum they moderate, and move it into a forum that I have denied their creating a new topic in. I was wondering if IPB 2.1 can apply the posting permissions on the topic move.

If I have missed a feature in IPB, could you please point me to it? also, I do apologize for wasting your time.

Ive noticed that even though I dont permit moderators from posting in certain forums, they can still post a topic in a forum they moderate, and move it into a forum that I have denied their creating a new topic in. I was wondering if IPB 2.1 can apply the posting permissions on the topic move.

If I have missed a feature in IPB, could you please point me to it? also, I do apologize for wasting your time.

Don't know if it'll be a part of v2.1 or not...

But for now, what you can do is use a scale of powers.

For someone who is a moderator on the bottom of the food chain, so to speak, they can only moderate within that forum, ie, can NOT delete, move, edit, etc, can only hide/show & open/close. Next level up can do that but modify topic titles (possibly edit contents). If they want a topic moved or feel that it should be moved, then they have to contact someone else and let them decide if it is to get moved or not. Same with deleting posts/topics. With hiding/unhiding, they can hide a post/topic until a delete can be approved.

I know it's a bit of a sucky solution, but in a way, it prevents power from being abused.

In order to accomplish this, you have to not even let your Mods view the forum.

That would defeat the purpose of them even being a moderator.

Don't know if it'll be a part of v2.1 or not...

But for now, what you can do is use a scale of powers.

I know it's a bit of a sucky solution, but in a way, it prevents power from being abused.

I like this solution a bit better, even though its a bit tedious. I think that a modification can easily be made for this and I'll try my hand at it someday (when i get better at modding :lol: :lol:).

It can be tedious, but it can also be simple. Give them only what they absolutely need. Show/Hide; Open/Close; Edit; etc.

But don't give them delete/move.

Global moderators can move something if necessary.

That's a simple version.

Archived