A bookmark suggestion!

Guest Luximnius

Hi, I have a new suggestin (I hope...).

I would call it a bookmarkfunction. You'll see, often I read a lot of topics on a forum, and it can be difficult to remember what site/reply you stopped reading at.
The bookmarksystem will be a easy way to find out which site/reply you readed on your last visit here and to come to that place quickly!.
The only thing you must do is to click on a bookmarkbutton you easily will find in each reply.
See this picture for example (not very good picture, but I hope you see what I mean):
Bookmarkcopy.jpg
When you have pressed this button, it will be generated/maded a new icon (the bookmarkicon) in the categorymenu (with all the topics listed) on that topic you clicked "set bookmark" in (and of course the same button before others topics where you have doned the same).
See picture for example:
bookmaerk4.jpg
When you click on this icon you will easily come to the site, and it will then scroll down to find the reply. ( Like this )

I know this was vey bad English Im sorry for that, but I hope you have getted the point!
(Im from Norway you see....)

edit: A few things to fix...
Luximinus

The idea is not bad.
I know that Matt just updated the marker system to work correctly (stored in the DB I think), so I am not sure that he would like to work on an extension of this system, excepted the implementation could fit easily in the new way makers work/are stored.

This could be usefull if a topic is interesting and has more than 10 pages. Like this you could "save" and continue from there next time.

Only difficulty is how to make this feature comprehensible to new users. Bookmarking normally means that you save a link somewhere.
This isn't the case here. You just save the current postition. Could be called "position saver".

If it is implemented in an intuitive way this could usefull.
Of course this is not something important though...

The idea is not bad.

Thanks, I have more ideas in my head actually, but I am not so glad when I must write English....

This could be usefull if a topic is interesting and has more than 15 pages (20 replyes each page). Like this you could "save" and continue from there next time.

Yeah I know, in the forum I am in, (In the offtopic -section) are there for example a topic it's often is 10 new pages, or more, every day! And (I am one of the few, who read all the replyes), but there isnt easy for me to remember which reply on what site i readed last. But if this function had been there the only thing I had to do was to click the "set bookmark" -button, and next time I should read in it, the only thing I had to do, was to click the button outside or inside the topic!

Only difficulty is how to make this feature comprehensible to new users. Bookmarking normally means that you save a link somewhere.

This isn't the case here. You just save the current postition. Could be called "position saver".

Yeah, I agree!

m in for this idear an i have needed this for a long time, an it will be the first forum that has this...

so +4 from here, i also vote for my familie :D

Thanks!

Archived