IPB User Interface

Guest .Joel.

Well, I am waiting for IPS next sale before I purchase a lifetime licence. So for now i'm skinning the trial version. Using the trial version I am more then impressed compared to 1.3. It is fantastic, however I had a discussion with a friend on MSN about user interfaces etc. As i see IPS coding their product to be more user friendly I found an interesting link that could show some interest in future releases:

http://script.aculo.us/drag-and-drop

It is a drag and drop interface that could be excellent if integrated correctly. I'm not saying jump to using it, i'm simply putting it out there to add to your list of ideas and inspirations when you look at adding new feature sets.

Last, I would like to say is that the Feedback section should not be customers only. What if there is a user on my forum, that follows the IPS link at the bottom, and has some valid imput, you are effectively locking all end users out from supplying feedback and only accepting that of the forum owners. After all, are you coding it for the forum administrators, then end users, or both ? I would assume both ;)

Feel free to delete or move this topic as you see fit. I know it should be in feedback, but I don't have access to it untill i purchase my licence after 2.1 is released.

Regards,

Joel

Well, I am waiting for IPS next sale before I purchase a lifetime licence. So for now i'm skinning the trial version. Using the trial version I am more then impressed compared to 1.3. It is fantastic, however I had a discussion with a friend on MSN about user interfaces etc. As i see IPS coding their product to be more user friendly I found an interesting link that could show some interest in future releases:

http://script.aculo.us/drag-and-drop

It is a drag and drop interface that could be excellent if integrated correctly. I'm not saying jump to using it, i'm simply putting it out there to add to your list of ideas and inspirations when you look at adding new feature sets.

Last, I would like to say is that the Feedback section should [b]not[/b] be customers only. What if there is a user on my forum, that follows the IPS link at the bottom, and has some valid imput, you are effectively locking all end users out from supplying feedback and only accepting that of the forum owners. After all, are you coding it for the forum administrators, then end users, or both ? I would assume both ;)

Feel free to delete or move this topic as you see fit. I know it should be in feedback, but I don't have access to it untill i purchase my licence after 2.1 is released.

Regards,

Joel

Joel, this has already been suggested in the IPB feature suggestions, under drag and drop ipb title.

Archived