Some offers for invision 2.1 or any other

Guest djixas

Well here's some offers :) I don't know, it's already done or not, so jsut posting :)

1 - I think you should put refferals ability, there members can promote forum and get points for that, for example, member using link http://www.domainname.com/index.php?act=Re...00&referer=7103
or something... what to do with points, forum owners will decide by theyr-selves

2 - As i saw at pm's module or something in video, there isn't feature to delete or reply to that pm. Would be better if these would be there...

3 - Avatar collection

4 - Friendly links (not sure, it's already done or no) well there's mod for this, but why install mod, if IPB could offer it by itself :) something like... http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/4303

5 - Quick edit ability :) Here's link for example: http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/3464

6 - Easy ban system, now if admins want to ban member, they should go to admin panel, search for member... etc...

7 - No more than 1 account with same IP address

8 - Ability to resend validation emails (as you know, some members which using something like yahoo, don't getting them)

9 - Members photo galery

10 - Ability to use emotions at signatures

11 - Banners exchange module, um, something like... for example, admins may put few banners info in admin section, and they are showing, for example: lifetime, expires after 1000 views, etc (best place for banner 468*60 would be near logo in right side)

12 - Easer "Reorder Children" (At Manage Forums) control, there should be something like, fucntion: sort that forum group by name... etc... or another one, arrows to up and down, here's example:

:) Contact me, if you're interested with other my ideas... Sorry for my english and painting, but i'm tired :)

Regards,

DjiXas

"stupid editing" now :) so just reply.... 15 - *psd with forum graphics, buttons, etc.. members can easiky change text to theyr languages... etc

12 - Easer "Reorder Children" (At Manage Forums) control, there should be something like, fucntion: sort that forum group by name... etc... or another one, arrows to up and down, here's example:

i0b_feature.gif

As you see, for example, then i click "UP" near forum 3, this moves one line to up, so now forums goes :Forum, forum2, forum3, forum4, instead of forum,1,2,4,3, that will be faster than reorder children

13 - Would it be possible something like, auto update?

14 - Would it be possible to add "More or browse" to color selections? I mean text effects, now thne i'm clicking, seeing 70 colors only...

Added On 2005 Oct. 02

15 - Bug Report Button In Admin Panel...

1 - I think you should put refferals ability, there members can promote forum and get points for that, for example, member using link

http://www.domainname.com/index.php?act=Re...00&referer=7103

or something... what to do with points, forum owners will decide by theyr-selves

2 - As i saw at pm's module or something in video, there isn't feature to delete or reply to that pm. Would be better if these would be there...

#1. This is best left as a mod. I would love if there was a design in place to make use of a referral system if one is added (sort of like plug-n-play), but I don't foresee it happening.

#2. What are you talking about? I can reply/delete PM's that I get just fine.

3 - Avatar collection

4 - Friendly links (not sure, it's already done or no) well there's mod for this, but why install mod, if IPB could offer it by itself :) something like...

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/4303

#3. Libraries of avatars can be created and added already, and a member can upload one if they wish.

#4. Why though? I mean yeah it'd be nice, I won't deny that, but that's something that can be done with the mod, and probably best left as a mod. Personally wouldn't mind it, but I doubt it's gonna happen.

5 - Quick edit ability :) Here's link for example:

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/3464

6 - Easy ban system, now if admins want to ban member, they should go to admin panel, search for member... etc...

#5. Coming in v2.1

#6. I think it can be done with less hassle than that. I wouldnt know though, I've never had to ban a member before.

8 - Ability to resend validation emails (as you know, some members which using something like yahoo, don't getting them)

9 - Members photo galery

#7. That's suicide, especially when dealing with AOL. IP's are not all static, that and sometimes you have different people at the same location.

#8. already a feature.
#9. already an add on module.

11 - Banners exchange module, um, something like... for example, admins may put few banners info in admin section, and they are showing, for example: lifetime, expires after 1000 views, etc (best place for banner 468*60 would be near logo in right side)

#10. That would be nice.

#11. Best left as a mod.

#12. I wouldn't mind being able to sort, but at the same time, how often do you have to re-arrange the forums?

#13. Be difficult. If someone installs hacks/mods, the the autoupdate would almost always mess it up.

14 - Would it be possible to add "More or browse" to color selections? I mean text effects, now thne i'm clicking, seeing 70 colors only...

Huh?

For the last suggestion, I think he wants a "More Colors" option in the rich-text editor, like what vBulletin has. With vB, if you use Internet Explorer, you can click a "More Colors" option, and every color combination within Windows pops up. So you essentially get thousands of color choices.

Guest IAIHMB

#4. Why though? I mean yeah it'd be nice, I won't deny that, but that's something that can be done with the mod, and probably best left as a mod. Personally wouldn't mind it, but I doubt it's gonna happen.

One word, standards. Maybe not friendly URLs, but URLs without ambersands and other broke dick characters that make validators go nuts. :P

• 2 months later...

Sorry, for so slow reply :)

.Wolfie

Well, when you got new Pm, and you seeing it at top of forum? Right? (Then havent opened yet)

There's "Read in this window" etc... right? But for example, if I see something like short pm with spam link or smth, why should I open it and then delete it?

There should be that link in top

"Read In This Window" "Delete" Etc :) I hope you got what I wanted to say

#7. That's suicide, especially when dealing with AOL. IP's are not all static, that and sometimes you have different people at the same location.

Well, then It could just show members, who have same IP ;)

#12. Re-order children...

Well it's just ideas :) for example, then there's 50+ sub forums... and you adding new one, it goes to bottom... so if i want to move it to most of top, i need to do loooong work :) so just offer ;)

----

Btw, is there any link where to know is forum legal or not? I've some suspicious that one forum with 50k+ members is illegal, cause in bottom i see:

Invision Power Board ...

Well, when you got new Pm, and you seeing it at top of forum? Right? (Then havent opened yet)

There's "Read in this window" etc... right? But for example, if I see something like short pm with spam link or smth, why should I open it and then delete it?

There should be that link in top

"Read In This Window" "Delete" Etc :) I hope you got what I wanted to say

That would definitely be nice, even though I never delete my PM's.

Well, then It could just show members, who have same IP ;)

It's already possible to do a search like that. Check out the tools, both in and out of the AdminCP.

#12. Re-order children...

Well it's just ideas :) for example, then there's 50+ sub forums... and you adding new one, it goes to bottom... so if i want to move it to most of top, i need to do loooong work :) so just offer ;)

Long work? If I make a new forum and want it near the top, I just make its number match the one I want to place it under. Sort it and if it has them in reversed positions, I do it again but this time just reversing the position numbers of both forums. Boom, done. :)

Btw, is there any link where to know is forum legal or not? I've some suspicious that one forum with 50k+ members is illegal, cause in bottom i see:

Invision Power Board ...

I know my board will never have 'the licensed by' on it. I've never understund why people search out 'illegal' forums and try to play hero by narcing them out. Its just f'n childish. If someone did this to any of my forums, I'd find out who sent the email, personally fly out to their location and beat the $**+ out of them. Seriously.

Sorry -- I'm not a big user of the company forums, but I see this comment all the time and each and every time I just want to say something -- so yours was the first :P And I still feel this way even with my forums big anti-piracy kick...if we can tell someone is using cracked software they are banned (and the softwares we support its relatively easy...for instance one of the major cracks has a screen alignment anomoly and the minute someone asks how to get it, they get the boot)...but at the same time, anyone that has nothing to do with my company reporting this would probably get a terse This Ain't Kindergarten -- Stop Being A Tattletail note (along with a mental note that they are an idiot who shouldn't be using professional software).

But past that:

Topic advertisement... It could post specified banner code after 1'st post of the new topic, something like ad bot. ETC

I'd been trying to figure out how to do this through the templates for a LONG time...my last forum software we were running had this capibility, but this one seems to need a mod to do it (and I'm sick of 3rd party mods these days :P). I've kinda moved past this because I've found these sorts of advertisements are just plain annoying, but I have a few customers that demand these sorts of things and no matter how much I tell them it would annoy the reader -- they still want it (luckily, I can say its impossible with IPB these days :P).

But yeah -- it would be nice to have a way of inserting something after the first note (ad / content block / whatever).

Topic advertisement... It could post specified banner code after 1'st post of the new topic, something like ad bot. ETC

I'd been trying to figure out how to do this through the templates for a LONG time...my last forum software we were running had this capibility, but this one seems to need a mod to do it (and I'm sick of 3rd party mods these days :P). I've kinda moved past this because I've found these sorts of advertisements are just plain annoying, but I have a few customers that demand these sorts of things and no matter how much I tell them it would annoy the reader -- they still want it (luckily, I can say its impossible with IPB these days :P).

But yeah -- it would be nice to have a way of inserting something after the first note (ad / content block / whatever).

Edit skin's HTML / Topic View / RenderRow

At the bottom, add this:

<if="$post['post_count'] == 1">
[insert code here]
</if>

That'll only work for the first post of the topic, not the first post of each page.

• 11 months later...

1 - I think you should put refferals ability, there members can promote forum and get points for that, for example, member using link

http://www.domainname.com/index.php?act=Re...mp;referer=7103

There's a very good mod by baxter, and I would like to see it in there by default.

?

3 - Avatar collection

Has been there since 1.x

4 - Friendly links (not sure, it's already done or no) well there's mod for this, but why install mod, if IPB could offer it by itself :) something like...

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/4303

I made a Friendly links mod for 2.1 (an upgrade from the one you pointed out) and I am pretty sure it wouldn't work as such a feature requires an apache server (for .htaccess functions) unless you created all the .html files but then you'd need a javascript redirect, which some people don't have.

5 - Quick edit ability :) Here's link for example:

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/3464

It's in there now

Not all of us are ban-trigger-happy, but you could just use the warnign panel to suspend for -1 days.

Is a bad idea. What if you use a public computer? Or a work computer? Or two people use the same computer in a house?

Also been in there since 1.x - just log in as a user in the "validating" group.

9 - Members photo galery

Some people might like it

It's in there, just type the emotion code, though I would like to see the "clickable smilies" window.

Use a mod

15 - *psd with forum graphics, buttons, etc.. members can easiky change text to theyr languages

It's in the client centre

As you see, for example, then i click "UP" near forum 3, this moves one line to up, so now forums goes :Forum, forum2, forum3, forum4, instead of forum,1,2,4,3, that will be faster than reorder children

I prefer it as it is.

If you don't mind loosing all your mods and allowing anyone to edit your source files.

Only 70....

15 - Bug Report Button In Admin Panel...

It's in 2.2

Archived