AJAX Spell Checking !

Guest Sire

It can be optimized to be fast, Im sure. I wonder if we will actually see this, cause this is a very handy feature. Saves us all the typo's.

It seems this system is similar to GMail's systems... they seem to be doing fine... Plus its Javascript... Server Load shouldn't fluctuate too much, since this system is mostly handled on the client side. +1

I'd personally rather my members typed at an acceptable language standard for their age in the first place, than have to rely on a spell checker which slows loading times, in hope that the members would bother to use it, when chances are they wouldn't bother anyway.

I'd personally rather my members typed at an acceptable language standard for their age in the first place, than have to rely on a spell checker which slows loading times, in hope that the members would bother to use it, when chances are they wouldn't bother anyway.

This is definitely my opinion about this; basically those who are bothered about their spelling are more likely to either make a decent enough guess at spellings anyway, or check somewhere.

The people we want to use it are those people who tlk lyk that all the tym - which is really annoying! Find a reasonable way to automatically convert those words or otherwise stop it happening and I'll be happy.

Spellcheckers are for writing letters to important people, complaint emails to companies etc. They're just not needed on 99.9% of forums.

However, with that source code I'm sure someone could make a mod to satisfy the people who think it is a good idea. Who knows, if they use the module system it might not even be too much of a 'Barneys Girlfriend' to deal with board upgrades too...

Archived