add to all skins

Guest Dlf

I think it would be a good idea matt if you could (for 2.1) add something to the skin manger that would add the edit(s) to ALL skins that the Admin wants. Same for macros and CSS (basic and advanced) changes. This would help the admins alot Incase we have like all the skins at Inviz and the mod we are trying to install requires like 10 skin edits and some CSS and macro edits. Sorry though if your done with the skin manger code untill 3.0.0!

I'm suggesting that perhaps the question you were thinking of isn't the question you actually described. On one hand, there are Topics dealing with the "modularization" of the application ... but what you seem to be proposing here is that Matt (or someone else) write up some code that would somehow magically modify code written by someone else in such a way that there would be no 'problems' ...??? I'd suggest that this would be a 'mission impossible' .... 'skinning' is a modification and I believe it's documented in a number of places that the IPB staff for the most part does not support mods ... especially when those mods come from somewhere else ...

Archived