change vote in poll

Guest Mesmer

I really would like the option to set a poll in wich my members can vote and, if they want to, change there vote.
I have a lot of discussion on my board in wich my members try to convince others of there statement. It would be great if we could see in the poll if the balance is shifting.

I think thats bad, if some one vote : I like that, then he/she like it. Or if there not sure they can think over it for an hour or two.

I don't think a user, shell change opinion about it, thats just how a poll works.

Thats just my 5 cent

an example:
On my board there is a poll (pro or con) and a discussion going on about the European Constitution. In that topic members are saying why they are pro or why they are con. Some members voted pro in the beginning but after the topic went longer and they got more information they changed opinion and would like to vote con ( and vv ofcourse).
In my opinion this software is designed as a discussionboard. Discussion is all about opinions and changing opinions when you start a debate in a topic. In this way the poll can reflect the opinion on a certain moment in a topic.
If you say people can vote but not change there vote, why start a duiscussion about it?

There is a difference between vote an a discussion.

If i give you my vote, i will not give my vote to another. Just another way of saying it...

The user, can also discussion the topic an vote later on...

I think it would be a great idea for polls that have a dead line to them (much like u.s. presidential races), the problem though is that the persons vote would have to be stored somehow and that would open up the ability for the admin to see how someone is voting. If there is some way to make it encoded in such a way that no one could crack it to see how someone was voting, then I'm for it.

Archived