Spellchecker Already

Guest Troy Spiral

A Spell checker should be Quite easy to Implement, but it is not a Solution to the problems that most people are Experiencing.

Most people don't care about little spelling errors, but posts that take a hour to "Decode" becuase of Bad Grammer.

The only way to deal with this is to Periodically remind your Community to use less netspeak.

This should be live asap.  No more waiting.  Its not such a complex thing to add.  Hurry up please.  This should have been a feature day 1.

Saying "Hurry up" and making demands isn't really the best way to go about making a suggestion. I don't know if you intended it, but that sounded pretty rude to me. Perhaps you could be more articulate with your words for your next request.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like one too, but like things go here at IPS, they never meet deadlines nor do they post deadlines. Its always "just wait" and find out, and because of that I've decided to stop using their products because I am not going to sit around for them to deliver.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey I agree this would be a great feature. if you are in desperate need on a spell checker their is a really easy mod you can add that places one on the posting screens next to the indent button. It does require some minor Template Bit editing but other then that you do not need to touch the original code.

Here is the link to where the spell check is on www.invisionize.com

You can see this in action on my IPB forum by Clicking Here

I do agree that eventually it would be a cool and useful feature for IPS to incorporate but until then i have found satisfaction in the mod for now.

I forgot to add if you do not want to register to see it in action you can use the testing forum and just post anything so you can check it out.

I don't know how many topics have asked for this, but I know I've made several!
The IPB Spellchecker at Invisionize currently only works in Standard Text Editor mode, not RTE.
The guys there need some help with Javascript (last time I checked), something about linking it to the iframe or something. I wish I could help but know nothing about it.

I don't know how many topics have asked for this, but I know I've made several!

The IPB Spellchecker at Invisionize currently only works in Standard Text Editor mode, not RTE.

The guys there need some help with Javascript (last time I checked), something about linking it to the iframe or something. I wish I could help but know nothing about it.

At least someone who needs it can use it on standard if it is a big need.

I have a question what is the difference between the two editing modes

I think spell check on forums provides very minimal utility to the vast majority of users of forums.
There are many significantly bigger items for them to work on that would impact the users even more and i'd rather them be working on those.

Archived