Calendar Event Reminder

Guest unixboymd

I would like to see a feature where once an event is added to the calendar, members can set-up a reminder that will send them an e-mail.

The member could set-up the reminder to be sent hour or hours, day or days, or a month in advance.

I have seen and used this feature on several web calendar applications and have found it to be very useful. This feature works in conjunction with a cron job (on a unix/linux server).

As a reference for this type of feature I suggest that you look at the Plans Web Calendar, http://planscalendar.com/index.php

The Plans Web Calendar is a free application.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

What about a subscribe option?

Members could select to receive a daily digest (bad use of the word) of a single or multiple calendars. This would, of course, require that all events be in the calendar by a specific time for the e-mail.

Again to my tv schedule calendar (from other Calendar feature suggestion topic) members can simply check their e-mail in the morning to see what times (if any) shows will on tv.

Keith

+1

I would want to see this capability restricted by authoring group. For example, allowing admins to set a calendar event for which all registered users would receive reminders (such as a deadline or a sale). I wouldn't want every user to be able to nag every other user.

What about a subscribe option?

Members could select to receive a daily digest (bad use of the word) of a single or multiple calendars. This would, of course, require that all events be in the calendar by a specific time for the e-mail.

Again to my tv schedule calendar (from other Calendar feature suggestion topic) members can simply check their e-mail in the morning to see what times (if any) shows will on tv.

Keith

+1

I would want to see this capability restricted by authoring group. For example, allowing admins to set a calendar event for which all registered users would receive reminders (such as a deadline or a sale). I wouldn't want every user to be able to nag every other user.

Agreed. +1.

• 2 years later...

Agreed.

I use our calendar as a kind of community events listing for local bands etc., it would be very useful to be able to set a calendar listing to email reminders, both by admin setting a reminder for all users and users adding their own reminders.

Kev

Hey guys;
I also want to know is there any way to configure the IPB as above. Please! Need quick help.
NNK

+1

I was told that calendars are not a big focus because very few boards utilize the calendar.

I for one would love to see more of a focus on calendars.

This is a very important tool that currently does not even have moderator notifcation when the calendar is being moderated and has a new post!

I think the reason most boards are modders and gammers an by the suggestions in this topic it proves that all are not in this category.

Would love to also see a way for end users to subscribe and be notified of new events added in a SIMPLE user friendly manner.

I'll add my vote to this as well!

+1 or even +2.

An old IPB forum on which I am an Admin could, and WOULD, use features like the above, if only they were there.
Without them, no one really uses it. At the very least, a pinned topic link to the Calendar would be helpful, though some or all of the above choices would be very useful.

• 1 month later...

Archived