Allow Admins/Mods to "force" a PM through

Guest deshelman

This is much needed! I currently have a Newbie user group set up to stop snooping around and recruiting from other forums. My members need to reach a certain post count before gaining access to many board features such as the pm system. However there have been a few times I have needed to send a new member a pm and I can't becasue I have this feature disabled for that group. This is really inconvenient. :ermm:

I think there is a mod for this but I hate installing mods for simple things like this that should already be in IPB.

Please consider adding this feature to the next release.

Thanx! :cool:

• 6 months later...

While this is a nice feature, I believe it should be configuable through the AdminCP. I personally think members should be allowed to ingore mods and admins. Thats my 2 cents.

Already is, apart from the setting isn't added into the admincp. You can do this yourself, but im hoping matt will remember it for 2.1.

Yeah, this would be a nice feature to have. I've been stymied by this in the past, and have had to resort to looking up someone's email address and sending them an email instead. Unfortunately for regular users, if you hit this it's a roadblock and you have no way to communicate with the user besides posting a public message trying to get their attention. It would be nice to have an option to allow old messages to scroll off upon receipt of new messages if your Inbox is full. This is how phpBB works and it seems reasonable. People will always be able to receive new messages, which is good, and if people want to save messages, they should move them into another folder.

..Al

Archived