A buncha Suggestions

Guest kenshin_warior

1) Have it come with more skins ( like you get a certain skin from 1Lotus in addition)
2) Integration with Mambo and PHPNuke (until IP.Dynamic comes out)
3) Have it come with integrated PHPAdsNew, or your own ad service, that has permissions (ie: Subscribers don't view ads, but guests and normal members do)
4) Add support for slicing up Invision Power Board so you can place them in frames on your site.
5) Better documentation
6) Less $$$
7) Font system, so you can install custom .ttf fonts onto your server and use them (unlike the mod, where the user has to download the font first)

And a couple of questions:

1) Was this made on Mac OS X?
2) Is there any way I could (with 1 license) host multiple boards, on the same domain, just different directorys, because Invisionfree and iPBfree did it, but they only use 1.3. Coul I do the same with 2.0?

1) No freakin duh, but give them the option so you don't get 3rd party crap, maybe $15 discount or something
2) Would be very nice until IP.Dynamic is out
3) Same as above? Whatta ya mean?
4) Yes, but not as well as if it were a built in feature
5) They have like 5 documents in the documentation section. Completely useless.
6) Obviously, but just a suggestion.
7) Not the security images dummy, just plain fonts, anywhere. I know how, but the user has to download it first, really annoying

And Invisionize has crappy skins, all they have is support and mods IMO.

They already have an integration with Nuke. Called IPB Nuke. Which supports 1.3 and below.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't understand how this is helpful since the current versions are 2.0. Maybe I'm too new at this but I don't see an option to purchase 1.3 (and even if I did, I then wouldn't be able to get the new enhancementes available from 2.0). Am I missing something?

vv Whatever vv

1lotus.com

extremepixels.com

Font manager would be useful, for pixel fonts n stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They won't let me on the resource page. I've emailed them 3 times, PM'd twice. I give up. They must not like me. Oh well.

Sort of funny how some third party sites don't even make the disclaimer requirements that I wasted the time to actually add to my site. Yeah I know *whine, whine* :-"

I just love these sort of posts...

Gimme

Gimme

Gimme

plus

"6) Less $$$"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok Im gonna clear this up, mm... right friggin' now. Invision Board is over-priced for a LifeTime license. Kay? Kay... To afford this software, you gotta be doing real well in the $$$ department. For a lot* of people, they can't afford these prices. Invision is expensive. Damn Invision Services for making it not free. Grr.

Ok Im gonna clear this up, mm... right friggin' now. Invision Board is over-priced for a LifeTime license. Kay? Kay... To afford this software, you gotta be doing real well in the $$$ department. For a lot* of people, they can't afford these prices. Invision is expensive. Damn Invision Services for making it not free. Grr.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, they have every right to make money off of their hard work.
So, it isn't their fault, that you cannot afford their hard work.

:devil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll remember you don't want paid for going to work. :thumbsup:

I don't understand how this is helpful since the current versions are 2.0.  Maybe I'm too new at this but I don't see an option to purchase 1.3 (and even if I did, I then wouldn't be able to get the new enhancementes available from 2.0).  Am I missing something?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you download IPB-Nuke.. It comes with it. And IPB-Nuke, is never gonna get IPB 2.0.x of any kind, I bet..
So really if you can't get a license for 2.0.x, and you really want a IPB board. Then get a webhost that offers Fantastico Delux or something like that, or use IPB Nuke. Better than nothing...

Mehbeh... :ph34r: But after spending all that $$$ on IPB, It'd be nice to have a black 1lotus skin *forgets what it's called* for free. I'm perfectly fine with what you get, cuz I just make my own skins and gfx or whatever *or go to Invisionize*, but for some ppl, I think they'd like this. What about the questions I listed? I'm almost positive this was developed on Mac OS X...

Archived