Reinstate the WWW button

Guest rcbowman

I'm thrilled at most of the changes on IPB 2.0, but the elimination of the www button is horrid. Sure, there's still a link on the user's "card" thingie, but having it instantly accessible on any post is (a) more convenient, (b) more informative, in that you can see if a user has a webpage instantly, and © much more useful, if one can, as a user, refer people to one's webpage and not have to explain where to find the darn thing.

Please bring it back! It's a great loss, and upgrades should not be downgrades.

At the very least, there should be an administrator's pref setting to show www buttons.

Thanks.

I'm thrilled at most of the changes on IPB 2.0, but the elimination of the www button is horrid. Sure, there's still a link on the user's "card" thingie, but having it instantly accessible on any post is (a) more convenient, (b) more informative, in that you can see if a user has a webpage instantly, and

I'll take any solution that doesn't require the reader to have to "click" to find out if the poster has website, blog, and gallery. We need to be able to see as we're are reading the posts if the posters have these things. I don't think email and IM buttons are necessary though, those can just be on the card and in the profile.

I picked IM to combine the 4 IM methods into 1 item (highlight 1 thing if any of the IM ways are filled, otherwise you know they haven't included any information for contact them that way). Didn't pick on email because on boards that don't allow it to be shown, it would be a waste. "photo" for photo/gallery is kinda obvious, same with blog. I picked those all on purpose. :) In all reality, it really wouldn't be that hard to add it in now.. images get made, alter skin a little bit, just need to have the logic to detect/select which ones to highlight.

Archived