New PM Style

Guest websurfer

I was thinking, instead of all the quoting in PMs, it would be really nice if the PM feature would show like a topic did, with replies on pages, and not a new message each time. Maybe an admin setting could set how many messages were allowed per PM? I don't know, just a thought, it'd be a very nice addition :)

I'm for this idea. I'm sure a new flag would have to be made that would keep like some sort of topic "key" instead of basing it on who from/to and topic name (much like topic #).. But that would definitely be cool, could cut down on quoting and save space.

I was thinking, instead of all the quoting in PMs, it would be really nice if the PM feature would show like a topic did, with replies on pages, and not a new message each time.  Maybe an admin setting could set how many messages were allowed per PM?  I don't know, just a thought, it'd be a very nice addition :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was just gonna suggest it ! :P

I agree :thumbsup:

I was thinking, instead of all the quoting in PMs, it would be really nice if the PM feature would show like a topic did, with replies on pages, and not a new message each time.  Maybe an admin setting could set how many messages were allowed per PM?  I don't know, just a thought, it'd be a very nice addition :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice idea, would like to see this, would be a bit like gmail as stated above.

I'm for this idea.  I'm sure a new flag would have to be made that would keep like some sort of topic "key" instead of basing it on who from/to and topic name (much like topic #)..  But that would definitely be cool, could cut down on quoting and save space.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like this idea as well. It would make dealing with PMs easier. ;)

Collapseable would be nice, have them all collapsed except for the last one, and all those collapsed ones could alternate colors based on if the member is the sender or the receiver. (ie, dark blue for incoming, light blue for sent) and have the date, arrow (for opening/closing), and names so it's easeir to see the order, which would be useful if there is a conversation that spans, say, 20+ messages.

I talked to Matt about this a while ago and proposed the idea over AIM. It was something he'd been thinking about for a while. What's more, the database structure has changed to allow it now (there are two tables for PMs: topics and text), so I imagine this is coming :)

Collapseable would be nice, have them all collapsed except for the last one, and all those collapsed ones could alternate colors based on if the member is the sender or the receiver.  (ie, dark blue for incoming, light blue for sent) and have the date, arrow (for opening/closing), and names so it's easeir to see the order, which would be useful if there is a conversation that spans, say, 20+ messages.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why? What help is that?
And why do you not want topics like that too?
[Please note that those questions sound like I'm meaning to be rude, but I'm not]

I talked to Matt about this a while ago and proposed the idea over AIM. It was something he'd been thinking about for a while. What's more, the database structure has changed to allow it now (there are two tables for PMs: topics and text), so I imagine this is coming :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yay!

Archived