New 'devolved' admin to members

Guest inventaur

I'd like to see postings emerge where the topic starter can re-arrange replies and put them together in another posting, so that more dynamic replies can be assembled in the case of on-line web authoring. This could be arranged through a request to transfer the topic or copy it by the starter. This folder would have its own features allowing polls and its own menu.

Polls that are more dynamic - longer poll questions, pop up explnations, and other polls methods for getting combinations of data, which is also databased to members and groups. I see a big future for dynamic polls on the web.

Pay per memory use feature automatically set up, so posters can pre-buy chunks of memory for posting flash and graphics etc. How about paypal deposit to discourage posting of malicious materials and code? How can anti-virus be included to check uploaded materials?

I would like to see also terms used in documents automatically hyperlink when activated or prior set by admin to activate, to their use in other postings on the site, and a way to arrange that cummulative result or a chosen one.

I'd also like a pay-per feature concept where postings become more akin to democratic publishing, and can have their own menus, and graphics can be visually arranged. An option to download a word or PDF document so that it appears as that document in the full posting window would be good. lettering could be standardised from an expanded list of fonts, so that less memory is used. This way, people can further customise. The use of Frontpage also.

Devolved visibility - allow, on pay per use basis, a poster to control access to their work for consulting purposes - just like message center controls.

I'd finally like to control clutter on the posting screens, for those members who are too easily confused.

That said, I do think that IPB is a great message board.
Cheers

Pay per memory use feature automatically set up, so posters can pre-buy chunks of memory for posting flash and graphics etc. How about paypal deposit to discourage posting of malicious materials and code? How can anti-virus be included to check uploaded materials?

I'd also like a pay-per feature concept where postings become more akin to democratic publishing, and can have their own menus, and graphics can be visually arranged. An option to download a word or PDF document so that it appears as that document in the full posting window would be good. lettering could be standardised from an expanded list of fonts, so that less memory is used. This way, people can further customise. The use of Frontpage also.

Devolved visibility - allow, on pay per use basis, a poster to control access to their work for consulting purposes - just like message center controls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with these three suggestions. The pay-per additions might be a bit hard to add though, might be better left as a Modification.

IMO, the posting screen is cluttered but if members want to avoid all clutter they could always use the Lo-Fi version.

Archived