Request: Additional Type of Custom Profile Field

Guest Kazhal

It would be nice to have a special type of text input which is interpreted as a clickable link - similiar to the standard field for the homepage. So the user can add a link to a photoalbum for example.

• Text Input
  • Drop Down Box
  • Text Area
  • Hyperlink

It would be nice to have a special type of text input which is interpreted as a clickable link - similiar to the standard field for the homepage. So the user can add a link to a photoalbum for example.

• Text Input
  • Drop Down Box
  • Text Area
  • Hyperlink

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe you can get it to show up a link manually now but I do think that would be nice to have as an option from the start. :thumbsup:

I'd like a decent Date Input type first (where you can enable Month, Day, Year, Hour, Minute fields independently) with proper validation (like no February 30th dates input). Messing up on date input is done all the time when you just use a text input box and try to get the user to enter it in your expected format.

Other than that, I think supporting a lot more input types would be a good thing. The one problem with that though is that the current error messages for enter an incorrect value into some field on the form leaves a lot to be desired. It basically says: Error in input value. Check values and try again. What you really need is specific error messages that identify the field in error and why it was rejected.

The whole custom profile field implementation feels half finished to me. Hopefully, the next release will remedy that.

I believe you can get it to show up a link manually now but I do think that would be nice to have as an option from the start.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that one would not be cklickable I think. Or do I need to use some special Tags?

Archived