Bump a thread without replying

Guest Jasonawojo

Maybe something like "last updated" timestamp, and when topics are listed based on last "activity", it could check the updated timestamp. That way you can tell it where exactly you want the topic to show up. Then select the topic to bump and choose "bump to top", "bump to bottom" or "multi-bump", where the multi-bump would allow you to set the order to bump multiple posts -and- wether to move the group of posts to the top or to the end of the forum.

ex.. Topics (in order of display) 4,8,3,9,5,1,2,7,6,8
Select 3,1,2
Bump 1,2 to be in front of 3
New order 4,8,1,2,3,5,7,6,8
Or all to top: 1,2,3,4,8,5,7,6,8
Or all to end: 4,8,5,7,6,8,1,2,3
etc

To make it easy to understand, in the multi-bump (which would also be used to "insert" one topic inbetween two other topics)..
Use the same setup as re-ordering the forums via AdminCP, but for each topic, have an "Update here" button, and that topic would be the anchor for where it saves the topics to. Then all the "last updated" timestamp would need would be to have the update times to put topics in the proper place.

:)

Could also be used for timing topics to expire importance on a certain day/time, but until then it is almost "pinned" to the top of the forums.

That way you can tell it where exactly you want the topic to show up.  Then select the topic to bump and choose "bump to top", "bump to bottom" or "multi-bump", where the multi-bump would allow you to set the order to bump multiple posts -and- wether to move the group of posts to the top or to the end of the forum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bump to bottom, or sorting bumps would also be useful! Doesnt seem hard to impliment if tis already a mod. :thumbsup:

Shouldn't really be that hard to design.. If the field used for last-modified including microseconds, then it can be done with little chance of duplicate entries, just have a 0.0001 (or even smaller) difference.

It's implementing it into a point&click format/webpage while keeping it simple that would be interesting.

:)

• 3 months later...

They have the bump topic feature on InvisionFree and now that we have IPB, it's not there. Do you know if there is a mod for this feature?
We loved this feature and now we have to post in order to bump a topic.

• 1 month later...

+1 :)

I keep a downloadable contact list with names and addy's in a restricted section. Everytime I update it, I have to add a post to make it register as a "new post", otherwise people don't notice it's been updated. Ideally, I'd like to just be able to "light it up" without having to add further posts.

Archived