Auto-Welcome PM

Guest Cheule

Would it be possible to include the ability to have the board send out Welcome PM's to new members? It would give a more personal touch to a forum and the new member could be sent a welcome message in the PM with some helpful tips and such. Of course it could have the option in the ACP to switch it off also.

I believe Outlaw made such a mod for this some time ago but rather than having to keep updating my forums with extra mods I thought I'd mention it here in case it's a good idea ;)

I'm probably sure this has been mentioned before but what with the recent clean-out I can't find a duplicate anywhere.

Also might need the option to 'force' the user to receive this particular PM even if they are in a group which does not allow them to use the PM system. For example my starter group cannot use PM's until they make a couple of posts. The reason we locked the PM's to starter members is because we had many of them at one time just sitting in the PM area using it as a chatroom, rather than actually posting on the board.

This is a nice idea. I believe it is currently available as a Mod at Invisionize however, I think it would be best a standard option.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup I did mention that in my post :P

Definitely would like the ability to force users to receive it too, I don't believe Outlaw's mod allows for this.

I still like the idea of having this based on member groups.
You would have an option to send a PM when a member moves from one member group to another.

This way you could set it up so that new mebmers get a welcome PM if you wish, and just as an example:
You could send another type of PM when a member goes from 'Silver Member' to 'Gold Member' saying "Congratulations! You've have now made 500 posts on these boards which means that you're a Gold Member. This gives you a lot of benefits like blablabla...".

:thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I still like the idea of having this based on member groups.

You would have an option to send a PM when a member moves from one member group to another.

This way you could set it up so that new mebmers get a welcome PM if you wish, and just as an example:

You could send another type of PM when a member goes from 'Silver Member' to 'Gold Member' saying "Congratulations! You've have now made 500 posts on these boards which means that you're a Gold Member. This gives you a lot of benefits like blablabla..."

It's my going-through-the-IPB-features-I-still-miss-day today I guess. :P
Anyway, I still like the quoted feature suggestion a lot. Hope to see it added...

Archived