Emoticons in signatures

Guest Halcy0n

Don't know if its a bug or not, but I'll assume you meant for emoticons not to show up in signatures. Anyway they should be able to be used! I have to use the [img] bbcode every time I want to use a smiley in my sig :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just allow BB code in signatures :thumbsup:

Don't know if its a bug or not, but I'll assume you meant for emoticons not to show up in signatures. Anyway they should be able to be used! I have to use the [img] bbcode every time I want to use a smiley in my sig :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A smiley is just a image on the server. They can get the path to the smily (right click on one) and insert it with [IMG] tags.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, the poster knows that... but enabling ' :) ' -> :) would be good for the sig.

And while you're at it could you also add a 5 per type limit on emoticons ala IGNBoards, so you can only have 5 :[b] [/b]) smileys, but then you can have another 5 :[b] [/b]| smileys, and so on?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can kind of see the point of this; but it wouldn't always be applicable in all situations. Some of us make spamming (or testing) forums on our boards (I sometimes do); and having a post look like this :) :) :) :) :) :):):) would look rather weird to me IMHO...

edit: added the testing forum part

• 2 months later...

Archived