[2.1 suggestion] lock post

Guest 123

if you are a moderator in a forum and you edit a bad post so the member can edit the post again, i think that it will be great if there will be a feature to moderators to edit post and select an opition: let the member to edit this post? yes / no

if you are a moderator in a forum and you edit a bad post so the member can edit the post again, i think that it will be great if there will be a feature to moderators to edit post and select an opition: let the member to edit this post? yes / no

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with this and have been in situations where it would have been beneficial.

I sometimes like to edit other peoples posts when they insert somthing that flames or harasses others without intending to. I dont add a "Edit By:" line because it makes it lets others know that "Admin" had to do somthing to the "bad member" post. Then the user will re-insert the flame and ill have to remove it, or lock the topic. This would be a VERY useful feature! (w00t)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All you need to do is set the edit time to just a few minutes for members using the Admin CP. This gives members time to edit there post if they see a mistake but stops them re-editing it later to withdraw a comment or to change it back after a mod or admin has edited it.

Problem solved. :D

All you need to do is set the edit time to just a few minutes for members using the Admin CP. This gives members time to edit there post if they see a mistake but stops them re-editing it later to withdraw a comment or to change it back after a mod or admin has edited it.

Problem solved.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And that's annoying to have to do. Personally I like to be able to edit anytime, but there might be a post I shouldn't be touching anymore... and that's where this idea comes in handy.

Archived