Edited by opentype
Installation and Setup
- Install the SuperTimeline plugin through the ACP Marketplace.
- Create a new Pages database if you don’t want to apply the template to an existing one
- Create a custom field for the Pages database that can be used as an ordering field, e.g. a date field or a number field.
- Open the settings for the Pages database
- On the Details tab, scroll down to “Listing Template Group” and pick “Supertimeline Listing”.
- Switch over to the Options tab and go to Field Options → Order. Select the ordering field you created earlier and the sorting direction.
- Add your database to a Pages page if you haven’t done so already and start adding records through the front end or the ACP.
- To fine tune the layout, go to ACP → System → Site Features → Plugins → SuperTimeline and click the Edit button.
- You can add the template to as many Pages databases or Pages database categories as you like, but all options set through the plugin will apply to all SuperTimeline templates.
- The ordering of the listing entries is entirely defined through Pages. It is up to you set up an order field that works with Pages. Hint: If you use the grouping option, the ordering within the group will be by record ID, so you need to create the records in the right order.
- Custom fields can be turned on or off through the settings of each field (“Show in listing template”).
- The template works on both RTL and LTR sites, but it only supports one or the other. It will not work on sites that have several languages with different reading directions.