This plugin adds Akismet spam filtering to incoming Commerce support requests, including support requests created via the Contact Us form. This helps keep your support desk (and notification inbox) clear of clutter, even if the spammers are adept at bypassing CAPTCHAs.
- Activate spam filtering on a per-department basis.
- Control what happens when a support request is spam: you can either discard it entirely or create it with the Spam status instead of Open. Either way, your support desk staff will not receive any notifications.
- Flag false negatives and false positives by changing the request into or out of the Spam status. This will train Akismet to better recognize the spam impacting your support desk.
- Full integration with the Spam Defense Whitelist feature to exempt IP addresses or emails from spam filtering. Administrators and moderators are also automatically exempted.
- Akismet results displayed in the Spam Defense Logs for auditing purposes, using the same numeric scheme as the built-in IPS Spam Defense service for member registration.
- Catch spam whether it comes from a member directly submitting a support request via Commerce or for support requests coming in from the Contact Us form. (Spam filtering for incoming email is currently not supported, if you feel this would be helpful for you, please drop me a line!)
- Invision Community 4.4 or 4.5
- An Akismet key (free for non-commercial sites, starting at $5/mo for commercial sites)
- PHP 7.0+
- Your website must be able to contact the Akismet API (rest.akismet.com) using HTTPS. If you have a firewall, ensure it is allowed through
For support, please email support[@]skizzerz.net. Please indicate in the subject or body that you are requesting support for the Support Anti-Spam plugin and mention your Invision Community username. Support is for paid clients only; certain support requests (such as commissioning additional features) may incur additional charges.