About This File
A chat application for Invision Community, integrated directly into your community!
This is not an external embedded chat feature.
Grapply Chat integrates directly into your community and its members, complete with administrative tools and theming capabilities!
What is it?
Grapply Chat gives your community the option to chat with each other from anywhere within your forums!
Most of the existing chat applications for IPS (that I'm aware of) work using a widget or something similar, and generally center around a chat room or something of the likes. This application is specifically for Member to Member chat conversations. It also displays ANYWHERE on your forums, not as a widget but instead as an overlay to all pages.
- Chat with anyone in the community from anywhere.
- Block / Unblock members from chatting with you.
- Enable or disable Grapply Chat for specific member groups.
- View client chat logs from within ACP and download them as CSV, TXT and JSON.
- The ability to enable/disable Grapply Chat or just chat notifications for your account.
- The ability to manage your chat blocks from within Account Settings.
- A full list of online members.
- A search functionality to search members to chat with.
- Fully customizable themes using the Grapply Theme Generator so you can rest assured that Grapply Chat will line up with your IPS theme.
What's to come?
- Member specific permissions.
- The ability to report a member and include a log of their chat.
- Customizable chat bots.
- Configure an external server to alleviate some of the stress that this application may put on your forum database.
- The ability to send images and other media including oEmbed content from within chat.
- Support for parsing emojis.
- Group messages.
- More to come!
Other useful information
- Grapply Chat is still in its early beta phase, these features may not perform with the stability you will expect, but future iterations will improve on them.
- This application may have an undesired performance hit on your forums due to the amount of requests required for it to operate. To alleviate this, you can try to raise the Client Refresh Rate in ACP to help with this. In the future, there will be an option to use a secondary server dedicated to chat processing to help alleviate this.
- This application is not yet optimized for mobile, and as such will not display on mobile devices.
I would greatly appreciate feedback while this application is in its beta phase. This is how I will tailor it to fit your needs. Please leave any feedback in the forum topic for this application, or feel free to send me a PM.
What's New in Version 1.0.4 See changelog
- Updated UI to allow for an unlimited number of chat windows at one time using a collapsable menu.
- Added an online list of members that you can also search to find offline members.
- Moved block button to an icon on the chat header.
- Made message threads load smoother when sending messages.
- Updated the theme generator to use the new UI style.