About This File
Invision Power’s most comprehensive Tag Management system
Radical Tags is a modern tag and prefix management system for IPS 4.4, carrying over the features you know and love from the original Advanced Tags and Prefixes application by Ryan with many new additions and usability improvements.
Radical Tags supports many features out of the box, with many more useful features coming in future releases.
Tag and Prefix customization
- Customizable tags and prefixes, supporting both an easy-to-use interactive editor and an advanced HTML based editor.
- Supports not only prefixes, but regular tags as well! Make your tag lists stand our with color-coded tags.
Forum / Category settings
Radical Tags allows you to configure settings for tags and prefixes on a per-category basis. These settings include..
- Requiring a prefix
- Customizing the tag mode (open, closed, or prefix only)
- Setting a custom language string for the Prefix input (for example, “Platform” on gaming themed forums)
- Customizing lists of allowed or suggested tags
- Customizing which prefixes are allowed to be used
- Setting a default prefix
- Setting the minimum number of tags that must be used
- Setting the maximum number of tags that can be used
- Provide “aliases” that replace commonly used tag synonyms with a single standardized tag of your choosing. For example, on a photography forum, you may have common tags such as “nature photography” that you’d prefer just be saved as “nature” or vice versa. With this feature, you can add an alias that will automatically convert these tags on submission.
- View a list of your communities most used tags, filterable by any item type (Topics, Gallery Images, Blogs, even other third-party applications!)
- Replace tags in just a few clicks
- Easily search for and delete unwanted tags
- Easily port over your Advanced Tags and Prefixes configuration from the Tools page
- Provide a new, sleek, modern look for your communities tags
As mentioned above, there’s still many more featured planned for this application that you can expect to see in future releases! Some of these planned additions include..
- Multimod tag actions (add tags/prefixes to multiple items at once)
- Album prefixes (assign prefixes to albums based on the category covers prefix)
- Tag filters - assign filters for different categories, allowing your members to filter results by specific prefixes
What's New in Version 1.3.1 See changelog
[1.3.1] - 2019-11-10
- Resolved an issue where incorrect prefixes might display on the board index if you use sub-forums
- Resolved some minor styling issues for deletable tags (tags displayed when logged in as a moderator)
- Improved caching to aid in application performance