Edited by CodingJungle
What's New in Version 3.0.0 See changelog
- New Features screen when going to a project for the first time (to help guid your members to new features that have been added in new versions).
Custom Fields: if you also own and have formularize installed, you can now add custom fields to a project that will appear for all cards or custom fields to a single card (this is useful if you create a card template).
- Several fields also offer new filter options for project custom fields and cards that are templates that have custom fields, you will be able to filter on those fields as well from the template card.
- custom fields will also add history events to cards/project.
Card Templating: allows you to mark any card as a template, and team members can select the template instead of creating a card from scratch.
- you can also set a column when the new card button is pressed to create a new card from a template you selected in the column settings. this is useful if the column is say a bugs column, and you have preconfigured a template for bugs (like using the formularize custom fields option, to inquire about additional information).
- Huge Calendar improvements: the calendar feature in stratagem no longer requires IPS's calendar to be installed and enable, it uses all new custom html/css/js. it allows calendar months to be infinitely loaded or at least till the projects due dates. Now shows different colors for different cards on days for different meanings. drag and drop card due date updating on the calendar, along with editing the cards directly from the calendar.
- Column restrictions improvements. this includes allowing members who on not on the allow list to comment on cards (this is useful if move a card to a restrict column, the column can still be seen by the rest of the team members, and you want feedback on the card from the OP).
- New Column automation: move cards to specific column upon completion, move back or to another column if card is marked incomplete.
- open multiple cards at once and move them about the screen with ease, this is useful if you are pulling different data from various cards.
New User Settings
- anonymous - if the team member has the ability to post anonymously, this will allow them to post cards anonymously
- show badge names - if enabled will show the badge name along with the color of the badge, instead of just the badge.
- Remember Cards - allows stratagem to remember the last opened cards.
- Card Styling options - users can now determine how they want the cards to look by enabling card colors, card dialog colors, set their own color and choose between the 3 card styles stratagem offers.
- Transfer existing projects to a club.
- Merge: you can now merge multiple cards together, this will merge the cards in the order they are selecting, including attachments/comments/descriptions and badges.
- List Categories: you can now create various list categories that have their own list items associated with it.
- new column settings page (opens up similar to the project settings).
- Group Settings: added in various group settings, edit note time, max attachment size, max total attachment sizes, attachment extensions, other projects (allows templates to be marked as allowed to be used in other projects than the one they originated in).
- as a continuing effort, there are tons of visual changes made to card design and general layout of stratagem, to many to mention here!
- Fixed pagination on projects landing page
- fixed ACP project search
- fixed issue where wrong person in show on card/project history when checking/unchecking list items
- context menu will now try to prevent itself from going off screen when opening (this is for cards in column view and on open cards using the context menu style)
- fixed problem with using php 8 specific method on projects ACP page.
- fixed issue with restricted column's context menu when right clicking on cards, should now show the right menu items for a restricted column.
- max width should now be honored when clicking on a notification/link for stratagem and that notification/link opens up a card.
- in 2.5.0 i made a lot of visual style changes, and introduced an issue where trying to add a card was difficult or made the column "flicker" this has been fixed.
- fixed issue with assignment list for cards, if a member type team is created in team members.
- fixed issue with wrong message being displayed when changing due date on card.
- fixed issue with card colors changing if column color has been disabled.
- fixed issue with github/bitbucket integration when access token is revoked or expired.
- Deleting a member in the ACP will now transfer ownership of any projects/cards they owned to the admin/moderator who is deleting the account.
- made the link on how to create a slack bot more visible in project settings.
- now you can open multiple cards and move them around (new feature, but it is also a change from the way it use to work)
- more visual way to edit the note of a card, there is now a pencil icon that appears next to the note for editing.
- removed any reference to white/black (now they are allow/deny) list due to the industry moving away from such terminology due to social stigma's associated with it.
- many responsive theme improvements, removed the drag handle from columns on mobile and other improvements/changes.
- project landing page will now show the project manager's name, so if there are duplicate projects with the same name, you can see who's is who.
- upgrade the min. socket.io client to 4.5.0, so you will likely need to generate a new stratagem.js from the acp and restart stratagem app in node.js if you are using sockets.
There are a lot of changes in stratagem 3.0.0, some are too minor to mention so this is not an exhaustive list of all the new/fixed/changed stuff in 3.0.0.