The widget extension allows you to easily add custom blocks and then style them using your own CSS styles and classes.
The plugin will add three different types of custom widgets: Text, HTML and PHP.
Allowed Block Options:
- Set the block to display on or off,
- Set the block to display to selected groups only,
- Can elect to use a block title or not. Good if you are showing adverts or not,
- You can use CKEditor or CodeMirror for the block content and this can be toggled via the Blocks settings. For example, HTML and PHP can use CodeMirror to make life easier if you are using HTML or PHP in your blocks.
- You can easily add CCS styles to the Block Title and Content using the Widget Forms rather than having to edit templates. This makes it easier to customise each block differently to have a different look and feel to match your website theme.
- You can add custom CSS classes via the Widget Form for quickness. Bear in mind this will add inline CSS to your theme, so it would be better to add custom CSS Classes to the Theme Custom.css instead.
And yes, it's free and you're welcome 😉
What's New in Version 1.0.2 See changelog
Updated for IPS v4.4.2
- Fixed: The HTML blocks failed to show in the sideblock menu, this has now been corrected and should display correctly.
- Fixed: Some other small changes.
I will provide limited support and update when required.