About This File
- Plugin which can be used to update the display name in quotes and mentions in the Forums application
- Why is it needed? The display name of a quoted or mentioned person is captured and stored at the time a post is made, and changes to display names are not reflected in older posts.
- Settings allow you to target quotes and/or mentions.
- Mentions: optional setting to remove the @ sign from the mention
- Setting available to handle how to display the details of a deleted user
What the plugin doesn't do - do not purchase this plugin if any of the following are items you would like the plugin to handle:
- update the display name in any quotes which pre-date IPS 4.x, because the member ID of the quoted person was not captured in the quote until IPS 4.x was released. As a result, it is not possible to lookup a member's account due to the lack of this member ID.
- it also doesn't keep track, in any way, of a user's display name history. If UserA is quoted, and then changes their name to UserB, and you then delete this user....that original quote will no longer display as 'UserB'...it will revert back to being 'UserA'
- it cannot look up the "last known name" of a deleted account. Why? Because the account has been deleted, the content associated with it has had the member ID reset to 0. Therefore it is not possible to look up content for deleted member as no content for that member ID will exist anymore.
- it doesn't rebuild content in the database - content is modified at display time.
Note: the plugin may be modified at a later point to extend out to other applications.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
What's fixed in v1.0.1
- fixed potential XSS issue.