About This File
SuperShow is a widget set to show RSS feeds from YouTube or Vimeo in a beautiful and engaging way with thumbnails or even video embeds. A useful addition for almost every community—whether you have your own video channel or just want to show content from around your community topic.
- IPS 4.2/4.3/4.4
- your php.ini settings need to allow loading external files (allow_url_fopen)
- YouTube: Channels and Playlists
- Vimeo: Users, Channels, Public Albums, Groups
- Film Roll – Show 3 thumbnails from the video (YouTube only)
- Columns – three, two or one video columns which collapse if necessary (setting not used in the sidebar)
- Video embed – embed the video itself instead of just showing a thumbnail (setting not used in the sidebar)
- Number of entries (maximum values are defined through YouTube/Vimeo)
- Use hi-res thumbnail (YouTube only)
- Show channel name for each video (useful for playlists which include content from different creators)
- Show link/info (Vimeo) or subscribe button (for YouTube channel feeds) below the feed
- The content, ordering and maximum number of items is entirely defined through the YouTube RSS feeds. I cannot influence it. For example: YouTube channel feeds show the latest video first, but YouTube playlists use the order of the playlist itself. If you want to change the order of a playlist feed, you would have to change it on YouTube.
- Colors are inherited from the active theme without any additional settings. If something looks odd, please adjust your theme colors.
- Caching is handled through the IPS core software and defined by your settings for sidebar/block caching.
- Just as the RSS feeds are public, the SuperShow feeds are public by default. There are no permission settings.
- The widget just styles the publicly available RSS feeds. Should YouTube/Vimeo limit or stop their RSS feeds, this plugin will stop working. You have been warned. 😉
- Special thanks to @Nathan Explosion for his help with this.
What's New in Version 1.0.0 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.