Edited by opentype
What's New in Version 1.0.0 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.
Support via support topic. Please do not use the review function to ask questions or to report problems.
FAQ on my About Me page.
- Install the plugin through the Marketplace
- Open your website in a desktop browser as an admin
- Open the front-end block manager by clicking the arrow on the side of the screen
- Open the Supershow widget category
- Drag the SuperShow widget anywhere on your page. The widgets will work both in the sidebar and the content area, although the functionality will differ slightly.
- You can drag as many different video feed widgets on a page as you like.
Configuring the widgets:
- While still being in the Manage Blocks mode, click the Edit button over the SuperShow widgets you have added.
- Adjust the settings to pick the feed and the styling you want.
- SuperShow uses public RSS feeds to retrieve the videos from YouTube and Vimeo. SuperShow will create the correct RSS feed URL itself. You only need to select the correct content type (channel, playlist, group …) and add the identifier key which YouTube uses.
Finding the YouTube content id:
- Open the YouTube channel or playlist you want to use. For example: https://www.youtube.com/user/scishow
- Now open a video from that channel or playlist. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM7t9jLrNnE
- For a channel, click the link back to the channel below the video and the title. For a playlist, you are already at the right place.
Now check the browser address bar. It will contain a longer URL containing the ID. For a channel it will look like this: youtube.com/channel/UCZYTClx2T1of7BRZ86-8fow
For a playlist it will look this this and the playlist ID starts with PL: youtube.com/watch?v=h-demgKLZJM&list=PLsNB4peY6C6JzXyhabO-6Knx7nu53fL2x
- Copy just the highlighted part and add it to your SuperShow widget