Edited by opentype
What's New in Version 1.3 See changelog
Compatibility with Invision Community 4.5
Creating a Database and Assigning the Templates
After the first installation of the SuperQuote templates, you need to create a database to hold your quotes. Go to:
Pages > Databases > Create New > Upload database
and upload the database attached below.
Assign the following SuperQuote templates to your new database:
Listing Template Group > SuperQuote Listing
Display Template Group > SuperQuote Display
- Go to Pages > Pages and create a new Page by clicking Add Page. Choose Page Builder as page type. Set it to Single Column.
- Once the page was created, go to Pages > Pages again and click the wand button called Open Page Builder.
- On the frontend in the block manager pick Pages > Database and drag the widget to your main column. Click the Edit button and choose your quote database. Click Finish Editing to leave the block manager mode.
Adding Quotes to Your Database
You can add quotes to you database from the ACP or the front end and you can give your users permissions to suggest quotes.
Only the quote itself is required. You can also add an author or even create new fields for your quote database if you want to provide additional information (e.g. “source of quote”, “year of quote” and so on). You are also free to add or delete quote categories for the database or to deactivate categories altogether. You can also turn features such as comments, ratings, reviews, record moderation on or off in the database settings.
Changing Appearance Settings
To edit the settings of the SuperQuote templates, open:
ACP > System > Plugins > SuperQuote > Edit
Using the Block templates (optional)
SuperQuote comes with two block templates.
- 1.) A feed template to show any number of quotes, e.g. “most recent quotes”, “featured quotes” and so on.
- 2.) A random quote template, which only shows one random quote.
- In your ACP go to Pages > blocks and create a new block with the type Database Feeds.
- In the block settings open the last tab labelled Content. Pick SuperQuote_feed or SuperQuote_randomquote in the Template select box for the feed template.
- Note: While the Random Quote template will never show more than one entry, you must pick a higher number for the field Number to show on the Feed Configuration tab. This number defines the entries from which a random quote is picked. If you set it to 3, only 3 quotes will rotate randomly. If you set it to 50, there will be more variety.