- A total re-write of the plugin into an application
- this change will make it easier to extend the functionality out to other areas of the suite, as and when requested/needed
The application does what the plugin did, with the following additions:
- Support for restricting the 'Picture-in-Picture' functionality for the HTML5 Video tag (browser compatibility applies)
- Permissions are now split out from the main settings.
- Permissions from the plugin version can be migrated at the push of a button, or you can manually set them up yourself.
- IMPORTANT: people upgrading from the plugin version to the application version should review the settings (migrated during upgrade) and permissions post-upgrade, prior to manually disabling the plugin version (I normally would automatically delete the plugin, but am putting this control in to the hands of the admin to ensure that all is well before the application comes in to play)
- Plugin which will display an HTML5 audio or video player for audio/video attachments and/or remotely linked audio/video files.
- Ability to enable/disable the player for audio or video or both (disabled by default, so effect will not be immediately seen on posts)
- Ability to enable/disable the respective players from handling remotely linked audio/video files.
- Ability to control the initial size of the video player so as to avoid 'large' videos pushing outside the post container.
Ability to include the original link, to act as a fallback for users with browsers which cannot either
- display the HTML5 player or
- play the audio/video file
- Admin configurable list of audio/video file extensions.
- The plugin version is compatible with IPS 4.2, 4.3 & 4.4 (see notes below for further details)
- IPS 4.3.x introduces support for embedding uploaded video attachments into content, therefore this plugin is not needed for videos.
- Audio is not natively supported by IPS 4.3.x
- The video player won't display on old posts so this resource would be needed in that situation.
Please note the following:
- If you require support then please post in the provided support topic. Do not use PM and do not use the review functionality.
- Plugin/application support does not extend to assisting you with adding support for playing a specific audio/video file/codec to your browser (Google is your friend in this situation)
- Want to test your browser's ability to show an HTML5 player? Go here: https://tools.woolyss.com/html5-audio-video-tester/
Edited by Nathan Explosion
What's New in Version 2.1.3 See changelog
- minor code tweaks to improve performance with a fix previously added in v2.1.2