About This File
- Forum plugin which will display a HTML5 audio or video player for audio/video attachments and/or remotely linked audio/video files.
- Ability to enable/disable the player for audio or video or both (disabled by default, so effect will not be immediately seen on posts)
- Ability to enable/disable the respective players from handling remotely linked audio/video files.
- Ability to control the initial size of the video player so as to avoid 'large' videos pushing outside the post container.
Ability to include the original link, to act as a fallback for users with browsers which cannot either
- display the HTML5 player or
- play the audio/video file
- Admin configurable list of audio/video file extensions.
- Plugin is compatible with IPS 4.1 (tested with 126.96.36.199) and IPS 4.2 (tested with 4.2.5)
- IPS 4.3.x introduces support for embedding uploaded video attachments in to content, therefore this plugin is not needed for videos.
- Audio is not natively supported by IPS 4.3.x
- The video player won't display on old posts, so this plugin would be needed in that situation.
- Future versions of this plugin will enhance the native IPS functionality to provide similar functionality as provided by this plugin (resize, controls list etc)
Please note the following:
- IMPORTANT: v1.2.7 is supported with IPS 4.4 only, while v1.2.6 is still available for IPS 4.2 & 4.3
- If you require support then please post in the provided support topic. Do not use PM and do not use the review functionality.
- Plugin support does not extend to assisting you with adding support for playing a specific audio/video file/codec to your browser (Google is your friend in this situation)
- Want to test your browser's ability to show a HTML5 player? Go here: https://tools.woolyss.com/html5-audio-video-tester/
What's New in Version 1.2.7 See changelog
What's new in v1.2.7
- Addition of controlsList support for <audio> tag, to allow disabling of the 'Download' option in the player
- v1.2.7 is supported with IPS 4.4 only (v1.2.6 is still available for IPS 4.2 & 4.3)