Edited by opentype
What's New in Version 1.2.0 See changelog
Marked as compatible with Invision Community 4.6. No changes were made to the resource.
Support via support topic. Please do not use the review function to ask questions or to report problems.
Support notes/FAQ on my About Me page.
Create a database and a Page
- In your ACP go to Pages > Databases
- Click Create New to add your database. On the last tab of the Adding Database pop-up, make sure to activate I want to create a new page for this database and choose Page Builder page. When asked, set the permissions of your database so that everyone can see the database and the records, but only you as admin can change it.
- After the database was created, go to Pages > Pages and adjust the permission of the page you just created. Set it so only you can see it. Open the page and add a few test records. Thisis required to procede to the next step.
Creating a Superlist Block
- In your ACP go to Pages > blocks
- Create a new block with the type Pages > Record Feed
- Adjust the (maximum) number of items and the ordering for your block
- In the block settings open the last tab labelled Content
- Pick superlist in the Template select box.
- After the block was created, visit your site, open the block manager and drag a Custom Blocks widget from the Pages section onto your page in the main content section (not the sidebar). Pick the block you just created from the widget settings. Your SuperList block should be functional now.
Adding Fields and Content to Your Database
- In your ACP go to Pages > Databases > [Your Database] > Fields
- Click Create New and add any fields you want (text, checkbox, YouTube, URL, upload, …).
- On the last tab of the field settings, choose Above the field content for fields that should always show or Below the field content for optional information, that will be hidden on mobile devices and in the carousel view.
- Now that all fields were set up, create your actual records in the ACP or on your page.
Customizing the Field Output
- You may not always be happy with the default Pages output for your field. For example: you might want to show an URL field as proper button instead of a text or label. To customize the field output, open the field’s settings and go to Display Options. The SuperList output is defined under Display View Format. You can choose between 8 predefined label types, no formatting or Custom. If you choose Custom you need to add the proper template code yourself. Useful code snippets for this will be provided in the SuperList support topic and you can also ask there if you need help with setting up your custom field output code.
- Note: Title, description are record image are special fields and the styling is defined by SuperList. But you can adjust the output and ordering for all your custom fields.
Changing Appearance Settings
To edit the settings of the SuperList templates, open:
ACP > System > Plugins > SuperList > Edit