1. Does there exist in the world a better gif to use as a primary screenshot?
2. If you install this on a live site to toggle dev mode on and off you ain't real smarts. If I've done my url check right, this cannot be used on live sites.
3. CIC user? Why are you here? You can't run developers mode on CIC. Also, I check for CIC installation and then stop you from doing something stupid like using this.
4. You must already have a constants.php file; this won't make one for you.
5. This constants file should have the define( 'IN_DEV', TRUE ); line already in there. True or false; either one.
6. If you don't have a constants.php file and try to turn dev mode on/off the plugin will insult you, or just tell you it can't be found.
7. Another good thing to have is a dev folder. I check for that. Just the folder. If you want to enable developers mode with an empty dev folder that's up to you.
8. This grabs the constants.php content, case insensitive regex for the in_dev true or false, switches yonder true/false, then redirects. You can choose between the Application page or the Plugin page for the redirect in settings.
9. I'm targeting single quotes for 'IN_DEV', so don't use "IN_DEV" in your constants.php. Yes I could deal with that. I could...
10. The toggle you seek is on your ACP usermenu.
11. Can't stand the flask icon? Change them up in settings.
12.dmt_on and dmt_off are the language bits you want if the existing words are not to your tastes.
13. 4.3 and later users of this can now format the warning square and screen edge line that we got with the 4.3 series. Don't want construction yellow and candy stripe edge line? I got ya.
4.2.x should use 1.1, 4.3.x through 4.4.x can use 1.1 up through 3.
Version 4 is for 4.5
Edited by All Astronauts
What's New in Version 4 See changelog
4.5 compatibility, which is really mostly a lie as the only thing that got broken with 4.5 was the customizable dev-mode candy-stripe bar and block icon. That got broken due to IPS now no longer parsing any css files in the custom directory when in the ACP (that means any and all plugin css files so if you have any plugins where you are splashing css on the ACP side of things youse gots works to doose)
PMs unless you are in one of my Slacks in which case Slack me. This is a really low-key thing, and it's free, so... Also I was legit drunk when I wrote this, surprised it is as sane as it looks.