Connect your IPS community with Slack, a community chat tool with native apps for desktop, iOS, and Android. Bring the power of Slack notifications to your IPS community by bridging the two softwares together and creating notifications in Slack when important events happen so you're always in the loop. Use the same chat service that IPS developers use in private!
Slack is a powerful real-time messaging application with advanced features like feature-rich messaging, file sharing, archive search, videos calls, and more. Here are a couple of Slack's greatest features:
- Channels -- Organize your team conversations in open channels. Make a channel for a project, a topic, a team, or anything—everyone has a transparent view of all that’s going on. For sensitive information, create private channels and invite a few team members
Direct Messages -- Send messages directly to another person or to a small group of people for more focused conversations.
Calls -- Take a conversation from typing to face-to-face by starting a Slack voice or video call in any Channel or Direct Message. From there, you're one click away from sharing your screen, so everyone can follow along.
Drag-and-drop Files -- Not just your messages, but all your files, images, PDFs, documents, and spreadsheets can be dropped right into Slack and shared with anyone you want. Add comments, star for later reference, and it’s all completely searchable. If you use any services like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box, just paste the link and that document is immediately in sync and searchable too
Search -- Everything in Slack (messages, notifications, files, and all) s automatically indexed and archived so that you can have it at your fingertips whenever you want. Slack also indexes the content of every file so you can search within PDFs, Word documents, Google docs, and more. With one search box and a set of powerful search operators, you can slice and dice your way to that one message in your communication haystack.
Slack offers free pricing for new or small teams, and paid plans for larger teams.
This application connects your IPS4 installation with an existing installation of Slack, and will push notifications to Slack. Implemented notifications:
- A new member creates an account
- A content item is reported
- An unapproved new content is created
- IPS\Log::log() function will send content to slack if you're in dev mode ( \IPS\IN_DEV )
This app does NOT integrate or sync your members between IPS and Slack.
What's New in Version 2.0.3 See changelog
- This is a minor maintaince release to remove support for Private Messages, which were sent accidentally to Slack.