About This File
The No External Links plugin allows you to hide external links in user-published articles, posts, and comments, making them internal. This helps to save the page weight, which has a positive effect on search optimization. Users who click on these links will be redirected to the desired site.
There are several redirect methods
When the user clicks on the link they will immediately be redirected to an external site.
Simple Redirect with Message
When the user clicks on the link they will see the message 'Redirecting you...', after which they will be redirected to an external site.
When the user clicks on the link they will see your page with the 'Continue to External Site' button. You can change this page in the core → global → plugins → relRedirect template.
Services Anon.to, Anonym.to, NullRefer.com, Redirect.am
You can also add any other service at your choice.
- Simple Redirect
- You can enable the plugin only for specific groups, for example, only for guests.
- No additional actions are needed. The plugin will start working with the redirect method Simple Redirect once it is installed.
- The plugin works with all links in all publications, messages, comments, and reviews published over time.
- In rare cases, the plugin may not work in some third-party applications.
- The plugin does not work with Link type field in the Pages application.
What's New in Version 1.0.4 See changelog
There is new redirect method available
You now can select Internal System (Customizable Page) redirect method. It uses IPS4 template, so you can modify it very easily.
You can change template in core → global → plugins → relRedirect. Parameter $url contains URL user to be redirected to.
More graceful URL for all internal methods
- Small bug fixes also included