About This File
This will be receiving a full sweep with the releases of Invision Community 4.5
All the things you want changed or restored in one single plugin! Everything including as they say...
- Restores topic stats!
- Topic authors can always edit first posts!
- Customize the breadcrumb!
- Remove the Create menu!
- Better IPS update notifications!
- Change the lightbox!
There are many small things with the IPS suite that need to be customize-able or restored from the 3x series. I could write a bajillion single-use plugins or I can put some effort into it, pile them all into one plugin, and make a few bucks for the work (and she is wrapping up her second cancer in three years so yes, money good...)
New in KS 24:
- FIRST VERSION FOR 4.4
- Still compatible with 4.3.x
- Searchlight removed in favor of just providing the plugin separately.
- Minor tweaks and fixes (for 4.4 compatibility, etc.)
New in KS 23:
- Full sweep, see support topic. Lost all the screenshots... again... Uploaded just settings for now, not all settings displayed due to some settings not in an enabled state.
New in KS 22:
- IPS Internal Embeds Formatting Options! Remove the author header, remove the image block, add a border.
- Patched Searchlight feature for uncommon FURL/IPS Pages conflict.
- Searchlight totally reworked as a result, also can now be toggled on/off in settings.
- KS css file now renamed aa_ks.css - pushing it to the first in line (or close to it) postion in your COMPILED custom css file.
New in KS 21:
- Fully 4.3 compatible!
- Patches setting search results order setter for 4.3.
- Misc. whatevers.
New in KS 20:
- Final 4.2.X version!
- Bug fixes for Forum Posts Sort Order and Searchlight function.
- Add Member avatar/name to movie menu option.
New in KS 19:
- Searchlight returns! Search results content gets search term highlighting! That's a restored 3x feature. Customizable too!
- Set the default sort order for search results: relevancy or newest.
- Sort posts in topics by Desc (newest first) order.
- Other stuff I forget...
So this includes...?
- Customize the breadcrumb! Remove the last element, swap out the home icon, etc.
- Control appearance of Mark Site Read and Unread Content (just words, just icons, or move them out of the breadcrumb to the user menu).
- Square up the appearance of the search entry area.
- Customize the light box! Full screen effect? White instead of black? Yes!
- Customize the error page. Change the FA icon, swap it out for an image, more!
- Enable a compact star rating display!
- Disable the Create menu.
- Replace the Create menu appearance with just a FontAwesome icon. I recommend fa-pencil.
- Remove all horizontal separators in the userbar.
- Change the member menu dropdown link. Leave it as the default avatar and member name, just member name, or just avatar.
- When you scroll down, the view title (day, month, week, etc.) is pinned to the very top edge of the browser. Adds padding to make it look much better.
- Square up those calendar and event tags from those rounded monstrosities.
- Make the cover photo header area for events much bigger (larger event title font too).
Forums and Topics:
- Restores the 3x series topic count statistic on forum index views. Yes, it's back!
- Can choose to display post count, topic count or both on forum index views.
- Add a locked icon badge in front of topic titles in topic view when a topic is locked (similar to pinned and featured posts).
- Change start new topic, moderator option, etc. links in topic view to appear as buttons instead of text links.
- Disable reply to topic button if you like (no one really uses it anymore...)
- Fully customize-able new posts separator in topic view. Set some basic info in custom.css and then use the full editor here to add content!
- Change number of topics listed per page on forum view (same as one of my free plugins).
- Disable both the quote and multi-quote buttons in post view to force users to select specific text to quote instead of entire posts.
- Allow all topic authors to edit their first posts regardless of any edit time restrictions in the ACP. You can even configure this on a per-forum basis!
- A bunch of structural options.
- Hide the multi-quote button.
- Move the quote and/or edit buttons under the options menu.
- Change the options menu to a single gear icon.
- For admins with permissions to view upgrade announcements this replaces the full page width upgrade announcement header with a pulsing download icon in the userbar. Clicking it displays a popup with the complete upgrade information.
(The pulse is sped up for the gif. It's slower on normal upgrades; security upgrades will pulse faster but not this fast (and they pulse red!)
I've probably forgotten some stuff. And there is more to come too!
Can I ask for something to be changed or included?
Yes, absolutely! That's kind of the whole point of this. There are some basic rules though. If I think it is too involved, or I think that once I start it that it would be better off as it's own plugin I'll pass. Just ask in the support topic and we'll go from there. I decide in the end, you may or may not like my decisions...
What if IPS changes something and...
If they add something into the suite that I fixed/added here then it will probably be removed from Kitchen Sink. No need to duplicate functionality. If something in this plugin breaks due to a change in the IPS Suite I'll of course try to fix it if it is fixable. Or I might remove it until it can be fixed; I expect things to change over the years - you should too.
Seems to be forums heavy...
Yep. I can only target what I'm most familiar with. If you need something with the other applications speak up! The focus of this plugin is on the Core, Calendar, and Forums. I can fold in some stuff from the other apps if they are small things but otherwise I've got something else in the works for Gallery, Commerce, and Downloads (yes, another all in one...probably).
Anything on the ACP side?
No but... Spacious ACP! Get that!
This <feature> isn't working on my site!
If you have custom.css that conflicts, or your custom theme has moved elements around, and so on, there is not a lot I can do. I can give you some help in the support topic but the further you (or theme authors) move away from the default IPS structure the harder it will be for plugins to work. Most of Kitchen Sink should work for everyone. I do not support modified themes but I'll lend a hand as I can time permitting. This plugin has been tested on a fresh 4.2 installation of the IPS suite with no other plugins loaded and no custom.css.
$28 to buy, $8 every six months. Regular renewals keep me perky enough to want to support this wonderful monster. Your renewals get you support, bug fixes, and new features too!
One buy, one site. Feel free to use on your test site if you have one of course. If you lapse on renewals so long that I tell you to buy it again that does NOT mean you now have licenses to two separate copies. All rights reserved, etc...
Be sure to drag KS to the top of your list of plugins in the ACP. The order of the plugins in that list is the order in which they are built out into the IPS system and given that KS does so much stuff, to avoid conflicts with other plugins, drag it all the way to the top!
What's New in Version 24 See changelog
- 4.4 Compatibility Sweep - you will need to use this version with Invision Community 4.4, older versions of KS are not compatible.
- Removed embedded Searchlight and am now just providing Searchlight as a separate plugin.
- Minor tweaks here and there.
- This version IS still compatible with 4.3.
ALERT: KS 20 is the last 4.2.X compatible version. Use the version dropdown to find it if you need it.