About This File
No CAPTCHA, no questions, no counting animals, no puzzles, no math. No spam bots signups, no spam bots posts.
Hook uses invisible tests to stop spam bots at the IP.Board.
Anti-spam features of the hook
- Stop spam bots at registrations.
- Stop spam bots at the topics.
- Contact form protection (CAPTCHA should be disabled!)
- Allow guest posting on the forum without CAPTCHA.
- iPhone/iPad, Android app to control registrations and posts at the board.
Anti-spam hook info
We have developed an anti-spam hook for IP.Board that would provide maximum protection from spam and you can provide for your visitors a simple and convenient form of posts/registrations without annoying CAPTCHAs and puzzles. Used to detect spam multistage test that allows us to block up to 100% of spam bots.
Low false/positive rate
This hook uses multiple anti-spam tests to filter spam bots with lower false/positive rate as possible. Multiple anti-spam tests avoid false/positive blocks for real website visitors even if one of the tests failed.
Spam attacks log
Service CleanTalk (this hook is a client application for CleanTalk anti-spam service) records all filtered comments, registration and other spam attacks in the "Log of spam attacks" and stores the data in the log up to 45 days. Using the log, you can ensure reliable protection of your website from spam and no false/positive filtering.
Automatically block comments and registrations from your private black IP/email address list. This option helps to strengthen the protection from a manual spam or block unwanted comments from users. You can add not only the certain IP addresses but also a separate subnet to your personal blacklist.
Blocking users by country
Automatically block comments and registrations from the countries you have set a ban for. This option is useful in cases of manual spam protection and for protection enhancement. If your site is not intended for an international audience and you do not expect comments/users from other countries.
Blocking comments by "stop words"
You can block comments which contain "stop words" to enhance spam filtering and messages with obscene words blocking. You can add particular words or phrases.
CleanTalk has an advanced option "SpamFireWall". This option allows blocking the most active spam bots before they get access to your website. It prevents spam bots from loading website pages so your web server doesn't have to perform all scripts on these pages. Also, it prevents scanning of pages of the website by spam bots. Therefore SpamFireWall significantly reduces the load on your web server. SpamFireWall also makes CleanTalk the two-step protection from spam bots. SpamFireWall is the first step and it blocks the most active spam bots. CleanTalk Anti-Spam is the second step and checks all other requests on the website in the moment of submitting comments/registers etc.
How SpamFireWall works?
- The visitor enters to your website.
- HTTP request data are being checked in the nearly 5.8 million of the identified spambot IPs.
- If it is an active spambot, the bot gets a blank page, if it is a visitor then he receives a normal page. This process is completely transparent for the visitors.
- All the CleanTalk SpamFireWall activity is being logged in the process of filtering.
Private blacklist for SpamFireWall
It allows you to add individual IP addresses and subnets to SpamFireWall. It blocks the attacks from IP addresses which are not included in the SFW base yet. This option can help to block HTTP/HTTPS DDoS, SQL, brute force attacks and any others that made it through the HTTP/HTTPS. You can add not only the certain IP addresses but also a separate subnet to your personal blacklist.
The CleanTalk is premium anti-spam for IPS4, please look at the pricing. We try to provide the service at the highest level and we can not afford to offer a free version of our service, as this will immediately affect the quality of providing anti-spam protection. Paying for a year of service, you save a lot more and get:
- 100% protection against spambots
- Time and resources saving
- More registrations/comments/visitors
- Protect several websites at once at different CMS
- Easy to install and use
- Traffic acquisition and user loyalty
- 24/7 technical support
- Clear statistics
- No captcha, puzzles, etc.
- Free mobile app
Also, you can use CleanTalk app for iPhone/iPad to control anti-spam service on web-site or control comments, signups, contacts, and orders.
1. Download the latest version of the CleanTalk Anti-Spam hook.
2. Place the downloaded xml-file in the folder "<IPS4-root-folder>/plugins".
3. Go to "System —> Plugins" and press the button "Install New Plugin".
4. Choose the CleanTalk xml-file from "<IPS4-root-folder>/plugins" and press the button "Install".
5. During the installation 4 files will be downloaded to "<IPS4-root-folder>/uploads":
If it didn't happen for some reasons, download them manually and put them in the folder "uploads". Create this folder if it does not exist.
6. Click the pencil symbol opposite the "CleanTalk Spam protect" line.
7. Copy the access key from your CleanTalk Control Panel and paste it in the field "Access key", turn the plugin's options on and press the button "Save".
Do a test registration using the blacklisted e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please go to Dashboard to see the anti-spam status, add new websites or manage existing ones!
Please check your email to get the account password.
The hook is a client application for cloud anti-spam service CleanTalk.org, which are daily protects 5k web-sites from spam bots. Also, you can use CleanTalk app for iPhone/iPad to control anti-spam service on web-site or control posts and signups at the board.
How can I test anti-spam protection?
Please use email email@example.com to test anti-spam for singups.
Should I use another antispam hooks?
Use other antispam hooks not necessarily, because CleanTalk stops up to 100% of spam bots. In some cases, several anti-spam hooks can conflict, so it will be better use just one plugin.
Anti-spam by CleanTalk support forum
If you're having trouble getting things to work after installing the hook, here are a few things to check:
- If you haven't yet, please upgrade hook to the latest version.
- If you have spam signups or posts please check the Access key at hook settings. The key should be same as you can find in service Control panel.
- Online, daily and weekly anti spam reports traffic VS spam.
- Apps for iPhone, Android to control anti spam service, comments, signups, contacts. With traffic and spam statistics for last 7 days.
- Anti-spam apps for most popular CMS on cleantalk.org.
What's New in Version 1.9.1 See changelog
Fix delete selected spam users
Fix JSON errors
Fix update system
Other small improvements