About This File
Mail Bouncer is a fully automated app to handle email bounces and spam complaints via 3rd Party Email services SparkPost, SendGrid or Mandrill
- Hard Bounce If a hard bounce is detected, all email to that user will be instantly disabled, they will be placed into 'validating' status which means that IPS4 will prevent them accessing the community until they have updated their email address.
- Soft Bounce Soft bounces are counted over a number of days, if they exceed 1 bounce a warning message will be shown, if they exceed 4 bounces it will be converted to a 'hard bounce'
- Spam reports via Mandrill, SparkPost or SendGrid are when a user clicks on 'Spam' in AOL/Gmail/YahooMail etc, this user is blocked from having emails sent to them. The user is presented with a message on every page that tells them that they should update their email preferences instead of marking an email as spam. They are offered a chance to opt-in to emails again, once they opt-in the Mandrill side block is also removed. Removing 'Spam' users from the services reject list may cost a small amount of reputation. To prevent a user exploiting this they are only allowed to opt-in once.
- Reject Mail Bouncer app will learn your existing reject list as emails are sent to them (this won't hurt your reputation), This allows the app to start telling users to update their email address right away.
This app is a zero-configuration app providing your Mandrill/SparkPost/SendGrid API Key setting is present. - See included PDF.
- You must use Mandrill, SparkPost or SendGrid Email Services
- Ability for your server to communicate with 3rd party APIs (external connections)
If you require any support for this product please create a Technical Support ticket in the Client Area. You will need to register an account if you do not already have one. You must supply your IPS Community email address.
What's New in Version 3.1.3 See changelog
Black Friday Promotion Ended