About This File
Mail Bouncer is a fully automated app to handle email bounces and spam complaints via 3rd Party Email services SparkPost & Mandrill
- Hard Bounce If a hard bounce is detected, all email to that user will be instantly disabled, they will be placed into 'validating' status which means that IPS4 will prevent them accessing the community until they have updated their email address.
- Soft Bounce Soft bounces are counted over a number of days, if they exceed 1 bounce a warning message will be shown, if they exceed 4 bounces it will be converted to a 'hard bounce'
- Spam reports via Mandrill/SparkPost are when a user clicks on 'Spam' in AOL/Gmail/YahooMail etc, this user is blocked from having emails sent to them. The user is presented with a message on every page that tells them that they should update their email preferences instead of marking an email as spam. They are offered a chance to opt-in to emails again, once they opt-in the Mandrill side block is also removed. Removing 'Spam' users from the services reject list may cost a small amount of reputation. To prevent a user exploiting this they are only allowed to opt-in once.
- Reject Mail Bouncer app will learn your existing reject list as emails are sent to them (this won't hurt your reputation), This allows the app to start telling users to update their email address right away.
This app is a zero-configuration app providing your Mandrill/SparkPost API Key setting is present. - See included PDF.
- You must use Mandrill or SparkPost Email Services
- Ability to communicate with mandrill.com and/or sparkpost.com
If you find any bugs in this product, please report them to our bug tracker. (If you have an issue that you need support with, please see the client area link below).
If you require any support for this product please create a Technical Support ticket in the Client Area. You must supply your IPS Community email address.
There are three files available for download, one is for IPS4.0.x, one for IPS 4.1.x and the other is for IP.Board 3.4. The IPS 4.1.x version has all of the features listed above, the older versions may not.
What's New in Version 3.0.7 See changelog
This is a minor bug fix release - 3.0.6 and newer are only compatible with IPS 4.1.14 and newer
- Minor bug fixes
- Performance optimisations for when sending bulk mails.